As you well know, Pokémon Sword and Shield have been a much talked about and controversial title since its release on Nintendo Switch. It has been an overwhelming success that has broken several franchise sales records, something that can be explained by the appeal of the mechanics it offers, the new Pokémon, the Wild Area, and many other points that have been praised by fans.
However, the game has also received criticism from many players. While many of these criticisms have been unjustified, there are other constructive criticisms that are really worth analyzing and sharing so that the developers can take them into account for future games.
It is for this reason that we have compiled a total of 5 important points to improve in Pokémon Sword and Shield. These are aspects that have been widely criticized in the community, but if they were improved in future releases, they would undoubtedly please many players.
- Improved graphics: It is expected that the next Pokémon adventure will improve the graphics of Sword and Shield, which were pointed out by much of the community as disappointing, especially when compared to other titles available on Nintendo Switch. There is plenty of room for improvement that we expect to see in Pokémon Legends: Arceus and future games in the series in HD.
- More freedom of choice: The game was also criticized for being perhaps too linear. There were dialogues with characters that were really a mere formality, since, regardless of the option we chose, the progress was going to be the same.
- Most explorable region: Galar undoubtedly stands out for its Wilderness areas, something that was highly praised by fans. However, the game’s routes are once again perhaps too linear and without too many exploration options to “get lost” in them.
- Better interactions with other characters: It would be interesting to offer interactions with other characters that are not seen as “breaks” in the plot. There are some dialogues and situations in the game that have been pointed out as tedious, something that could be facilitated with interactions that were really relevant. Also, if they were accompanied by voice acting, it would certainly be a major breakthrough.
- Return of eliminated functions , including the criticized cut of the Pokédex or other mechanics present in other installments of the franchise such as contests.