A thread appeared on Reddit where the user accused Microsoft of the low quality and danger of the Xbox Series X. The user reported that the console exploded while he was not in the room. As a result, the explosion killed the cat and almost started a fire. He also posted a photo of the disfigured device.
However, users in the comments doubt that the explosion of a 120 W power supply could melt the case so much. One of the users, who introduced himself as an electrician, noted that it looks like a staging. By the way, the original post has already been deleted.
Others point out that modern power supplies are equipped with short circuit protection. Therefore, the appearance of an electric arc, which could cause such destruction, is impossible there. And some argue that the author of the thread is simply trying to get insurance payments.