Diablo IV is an online action-adventure game with over five different classes to choose from, each with its own skill sets and abilities. Barbarian and Sorcerer were among the most played classes since the launch of Diablo IV. However, the developers significantly nerfed them in Patch 1.1.0a, which received widespread criticism. Over 50% of concurrent players of Diablo IV stopped playing the game due to the balance changes that affected all classes, negatively impacting main builds and playstyles.
The balance changes were discussed during the Campfire Chat, and the developers promised to introduce better-balanced changes in the next patch. The upcoming Patch 1.1.1 is scheduled for release on August 8, 2023. While it includes balance changes for all classes, the most significant buffs are awarded to the Barbarian and Sorcerer classes. These two classes are currently considered the weakest in the game, and the new buffs will enable players to explore and test new builds to their full potential.
The Barbarian class suffered several nerfs in the previous patch, rendering it less effective against high-level enemies. However, with the new buffs, players will find it easier to defeat high-level enemies.
- Bash: Increased fury gained from 11 to 13.
- Flay: Increased fury gained from 10 to 13.
- Enhanced Frenzy: Increased fury gained from 2 to 3.
- Lunging Strike: Increased fury gained from 10 to 12.
- Double Swing: Damage increased from 40% to 50%.
- Enhanced Rupture: Damage increased from 45% to 70%.
- Enhanced Charge: Damage increased from 30% to 60%.
- Mighty Charge: Increased vulnerable duration from 2 to 4 seconds.
- Violent Upheaval: Gain Berserking for 2 seconds if Upheaval damages at least 2 enemies or a Boss, increased to 3 seconds if it damages at least 4 enemies.
- Aggressive Resistance: Increased damage reduction from 3% to 4%.
- Gushing Wounds: Bleed damage dealt based on the Critical Damage bonus increased from 100% to 115%. Bleed damage when Overpowering increased from 11% to 70%.
- Unconstrained: Berserking damage bonus increased from 25% to 35%. Updated tooltip to more clearly reflect this key passive’s value.
- Walking Arsenal: Bonus damage duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
- Aspect of Ancestral Force: Damage increased from 32-50% to 40-58%.
- Death Wish Aspect: Thorns increased from .5-.75 to .65-.85.
- Aspect of Unrelenting Fury: Core Skill cost refund increased from 10-20% to 20-30%. Cost refunds also granted when hitting Bosses.
- Aspect of Ancestral Charge: Damage increased from 50-100% to 75-125%.
- Aspect of Burning Rage: Damage increased from .22-.28 to .3-.38.
- Aspect of Bul-Kathos: Damage reduction while in Earthquakes increased from 5-15% to 15-25%.
- Earthquake Aspect: Damage bonus in Earthquakes increased from 5-15% to 15-25%.
- Fields of Crimson: Damage increased from .18-.34 to .22-.38. Damage that enemies take while standing in pools increased from 15% to 20%. Rupture Cooldown Reduction affix replaced with Bonus Critical Strike Damage.
- Hellhammer: Damage increased from .6-.8 to .85-1.1. Burning duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds. Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies affix replaced with Bonus Critical Strike Damage.
- Ramaladni’s Magnum Opus: Physical Damage affix replaced with Vulnerable Damage.
- 100,000 Steps: Attacks reduce Evade’s cooldown affix and replaced it with bonus Evade charges. Damage against Stunned affix replaced with bonus Movement Speed.
- ⦁ Battle Trance: Basic Skill Damage affix replaced with Cooldown Reduction. Bonus Attack Speed to other skills increased from 10-20% to 35-45%.
The Sorcerer class also receives substantial buffs that will invigorate Sorcerer players.
- Flickering Fire Bolt: Fire Bolt generates 2 Mana when hitting an enemy.
- Enhanced Fireball: Casting Fireball increases its radius by 50%.
- Destructive Fireball: Fireball’s Critical Strike Damage is increased by 20%. This bonus is increased to 30% if Fireball hits at least 3 enemies.
- Greater Chain Lightning: Each time Chain Lightning bounces, it deals 5% increased damage for its duration.
- Destructive Chain Lightning: The chance to form Crackling Energy increased from 25% to 30%.
- Vyr’s Mastery: Damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%.
- Esu’s Ferocity: Both bonuses are also granted for 3 seconds when hitting a Boss with a Critical Strike.
- Combustion: Burning effects deal x20% increased damage, plus an additional x2% increased damage per unique source of Burning applied to the enemy.
- Searing Heat Legendary Node: Casting Fireball or Meteor increases your Critical Strike Chance by 5% for 5 seconds, up to 15%.
- Ceaseless Conduit Legendary Node: Increase Crackling Energy’s damage from 2% to 3% per 20 Intelligence.
- Territorial Rare Glyph: Damage reduction increased from 10% to 15%.
- Warding Rare Glyph: Damage red on increased from 13% to 25%.
- Keeper of Flames Rare Node: Damage reduction increased from 4% to 5%. Bonus damage reduction increased from 4% to 5%.
- Smoldering Embers Rare Node: Damage reduction from burning enemies increased from 4% to 5%. Bonus damage reduction from burning enemies increased from 4% to 5%.
- Guarded Rare Node: Damage reduction from Vulnerable enemies increased from 4% to 5%. Bonus damage reduction from Vulnerable enemies increased from 4% to 5%.
- Oppressive Rare Node: Damage reduction from Vulnerable enemies increased from 4% to 5%.
- Lightning Resilience Rare Node: Maximum Life bonus increased from 4% to 6%.
- Serpentine Aspect: You may have 1 additional Hydra active, and Hydra’s duration is increased by 14-24%. This also affects Hydra’s Enchantment Effect.
- Aspect of Conflagration: Bonus Burning damage increased from 20-30% to 20-40%.
- Aspect of Engulfing Flames: Bonus Burning damage increased from 30%-40% to 60%-80%.
- Aspect of Three Curses: Increase the Critical Strike Damage of Meteor and Fireball by 20%-40%. Double this bonus against Healthy enemies.
- Flamewalker’s Aspect: Bonus Movement Speed duration increased from 4 to 6 seconds.
- Gravitational Aspect: Ball Lightning orbits around you and deals 15-25% increased damage.
- Aspect of Unbroken Tether: Additional Chain Lightning bounces increased from 2 to 4.
- Recharging Aspect: Each time Chain Lightning bounces, you gain 1.5-3 Mana.
- Charged Aspect: Bonus Movement Speed duration increased from 4 to 8 seconds.
- Aspect of the Bounding Conduit: Bonus Movement Speed increased from 20-25% to 25-30%.
- New Legendary – Mage-Lord’s Aspect: Increase Vyr’s Mastery Key Passive’s Damage Reduction by 6-9% for each Close enemy, up to 18-27%.
- Aspect of Frozen Orbit: Damage increased from 20-30% to 30-40%.
- Storm Swell Aspect: Bonus damage increased from 11-20% to 21-30%.
- Snowveiled Aspect: Unstoppable duration increased from 2-3 seconds to 3-5 seconds. Also grants 10% bonus Armor for 3-5 seconds.
- Incendiary Aspect: Lucky Hit: Damage from your Pyromancy skills has up to a 12-17% chance to restore 10 Mana.
- Snowguard’s Aspect: While within your own Blizzard and for 3 seconds after leaving it, you take 20-25% less damage.
- Aspect of Concentration: Mana Regeneration increased from 20-30% to 40-50%. The duration requirement to gain its benefit is reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.
- Gloves of the Illuminator: Damage penalty reduced from 65-55% to 45-35%. Damage to Stunned affix replaced with Lucky Hit: Chance to Restore Resource. The illuminator’s first bounce occurs much closer to the player.
All other classes also received balance changes that offset many of the nerfs from the previous patch. In the new patch, players will have the opportunity to explore the potential of all classes in the first season of Diablo IV.