The Entertainment Retailers Association (ERA) disclosed data on sales of games, movies, and music albums in the UK for 2020. Information on music and cinema was provided to her by The Official Charts Company, which compiles official music charts and other charts, and for games – by ISFE (The Interactive Software Federation of Europe, European Federation of Interactive Software).
According to ERA, the video game market was the largest in terms of volume in the UK in 2020. Compared to 2019, its revenue grew by 14.5% and exceeded £4 billion for the first time. Most of its revenues – £3.6 billion – came from digital, while retail sales were £598.5 million.
The best-selling game of 2020 in the UK was FIFA 21, with a circulation of 2.1 million. Together with her, Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and GTA V entered the top 3 – sales of each of these games exceeded a million copies.
Games like FIFA 20 and NBA 2K20 were also among the top ten bestsellers. At the same time, Cyberpunk 2077, for example, did not make it to the top 10 – apparently, for the reason that ISFE does not have complete data on game sales, since it does not receive information on circulations in digital form from CD Projekt RED.
Top Selling Games of 2020 in the UK
- FIFA 21 – 2,182,694 copies
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – 1,420,353 copies
- Grand Theft Auto V – 1,127,222 copies
- FIFA 20 – 903,810 copies
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – 897,350 copies
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 810,462 copies (excluding digital sales)
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – 665,815 copies
- The Last of Us Part II – 539,247 copies
- NBA 2K20 – 481,507 copies
- Rainbow Six Siege – 436,957 copies