Publisher Ziggurat Interactive, which acquired the rights to BloodRayne in June 2020, announced the release date for the re-release of two games in the series on Steam and GOG — November 20. The updated versions were subtitled Terminal Cut, and their pages have already appeared in stores:
- BloodRayne: Terminal Cut — Steam, GOG
- BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut — Steam, GOG
Action games about the half-vampire rain, who fights the forces of the Nazis, updated for modern systems and optimized for Windows 10. Among other things, Terminal Cut editions will include:
- support for resolutions up to 4K / 3840×2160;
- 4x anti-aliasing and improved rendering;
- enlarged cinematic videos;
- support for modern gamepads (XInput);
- improved lighting;
- support for original uncompressed textures;
- improved reflection, fog, shadow, and water effects.
All users who already have the original BloodRayne or BloodRayne 2 on Steam or GOG will receive updated versions of the games in the same store for free.
Apparently, the re-release of the action series is not the only project for the franchise in the plans of Ziggurat. The company has previously stated that it is going to “expand the BloodRayne universe”.