One of the biggest secrets of Pokémon is how the creatures are able to hide in the tall grass without us seeing them. Well, recently a theory has been spread that would explain why this is due.
To demonstrate this theory, Pokémon Snap is used and the recent and highly anticipated Pokémon Legends: Arceus. These are the points on which it is based:
- Both in Pokémon Snap / New Pokémon Snap and in Pokémon Legends: Arceus we can see the Pokémon without hiding in the tall grass
- In Pokémon Snap, this makes sense because Pokémon live in a region that is not populated by humans and so they don’t need to hide in tall grass.
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus takes place in the Sinnoh region’s past when wild Pokémon seemed to roam freely across the field and Trainers hid in the tall grass to catch up with them.
- This would explain that Pokémon, over the years, have imitated humans and have chosen to hide in the tall grass to avoid being captured.
- For this reason, in all Pokémon games developed today, Pokémon already know how to hide in tall grass
- For its part, in Pokémon Snap they do not need to hide because they live in a habitat that does not have a human presence.