We already know that the Egg Hunt event is one of the most feared by Animal Crossing: New Horizons fans, much more feared even than Halloween. Perhaps for this reason from ScreenRant, they have decided to teach us how we can avoid it.
If you played last year’s event, you will know that it gave fans quite a few headaches due to the sheer amount of eggs that appeared everywhere: fishing, hitting rocks, buried in the ground, shaking trees, cutting wood, and the most feared … Flying in balloons. So much so that Nintendo had to release a patch to lower the spawn rate.
Well, this year the event is back and these are the details you should know to take advantage of it … or avoid it:
- The Egg Hunt officially begins on April 4.
- For now, it is locked and cannot be used even by traveling in time.
- It is not known how long it will last, but it has been confirmed that from tomorrow, March 28 until April 4, is when Eggs will begin to appear at will. If you are very afraid, stop playing from tomorrow, although on the web we will inform you of any new mechanics and we will share when it ends as soon as it is known.
- You can also purchase new themed items once a day at Mini Nook, where they will appear in the store from March 28 to April 4.
- As a novelty this year, it seems that on April 4 we will be able to exchange eggs of different types with the neighbors.
We’ll have to stay tuned to see how the event unfolds and if Nintendo has changed the “egg” mechanics. For now, a screenshot has been shown showing the character digging an egg out of the ground, so it looks like the mechanics could be very similar. We also don’t know if there will be new objects as rewards different from the ones that can be bought in Mini Nook. Of course, we mustn’t forget that eggs are really useful to use as “fruits” as they are stored 30 by 30 in the pocket.