The passage of time has been benevolent with some of the most important shooters because thanks to constant reissues it has been possible that they remain in force and that they are available for new generations. Of course, the best will always be to play them in their original version, but this is no reason to disregard interesting releases like the one that Ikaruga will have , which physical edition is already in production .
The Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 versions of Ikaruga have received a power-up. Physical copies of both versions of the game are being produced.
“Physical copies of Ikaruga for Nintendo Switch and PS4 are currently in active production,” Nicalis said in a tweet announcement. “A release date will be announced when all the details are finalized.”
Ikaruga is one of the most important shoot ’em up in history and has remained in force for 18 years after its debut in Arcade, the same period in which it has seen releases on Dreamcast, GameCube, Xbox 360, PC and recently on PS4 and Nintendo Switch .
According to nichegamer
- The player ship, all enemies and bullets are black or white. Player’s polarity can be switched at will.
- Your ship can absorb enemy bullets of the same polarity. Filled energy goes to fire powerful homing lasers! (Release Power.)
- Defeat three enemies in a row of the same polarity and get the chain bonus! Building up high scores feels like a puzzle game?
- Spectacular 3D graphics. Fast and smooth game play.
- Two-player game (Local) and Double Play modes: You can play a two-player game with one controller.
- Five levels. Tactical level design and boss battles.
- Three difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, Hard. Change your tactics depending on the difficulty.
- Two game modes: Arcade, Prototype (not hidden).
- Replay data save is available. You can also download them from the Leaderboards.
- Vertical screen mode support. You can also play the game like a side-scrolling shooter by rotating only the game screen.