Even in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, as in most titles in the franchise, Pokémon has a hidden friendship level that indicates how well the creature gets along with its Trainer. You can increase the value of friendship by spending time with Pokémon and having them participate in battles. However, this can also decrease, for example when the monsters are defeated or using tools that are not very welcome. Some Pokémon like Sylveon evolve only with a high friendship: in this guide, we will explain how to know the level of friendship with your companions in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
First, we will have to complete the mission ” Friends for the skin ” that will be entrusted to us at the Jubilife Village by Negishi, which we will find near the Pasture. Negishi will ask us to show him a Pokémon we are particular friends with. Once this is done, we will be able to talk to him whenever we want to find out the level of friendship with any monster we have caught.
Each sentence he will say when he sees one of our Pokémon corresponds to a specific friendship value, ranging from 0 to 255 :
- “ He doesn’t seem used to being with you yet. Maybe you just met? ”Indicates a friendship level between 0 and 59;
- “ I feel like you and X are well on your way to making a good friendship! ”Indicates a friendship level between 50 and 89;
- “ Yes, yours is a beautiful friendship! But I feel you and X still have some way to go! ”Indicates a friendship level between 100 and 149;
- “ You and X are really good friends! You can see that you are really good together…! ” This Indicates a friendship level between 150 and 199;
- “ The friendship between you and X is incredibly strong! You really love each other, huh? ”Indicates a friendship level between 200 and 254;
- “ Oooh! Your friendship is second to none! When you are together, you and X are happy, it is obvious! ”Indicates a friendship level of 255.
Here is a list of all the monsters in Pokémon Legends: Arceus that evolve after reaching a fairly high level of friendship:
- Eevee, who can evolve into Umbreon by night, Espeon by day, and Sylveon if she knows the Tender Eyes move (available from level 18) once she has a high friendship rank.