On 29 October Capcom published its financial report for the second quarter of 2020, which lasted six months and ended on 30 September. We chose the main item from the report.
- Capcom named this second quarter the most successful in the company’s history – net sales increased by 12.8 per cent to $404 million in Japanese yen terms.
- Operating profit increased by 27.7 percent to 171 million dollars.
- The arcade vending machine segment again started to make a profit despite some losses and business stoppages amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
- During the first half of the 2020 fiscal year, total sales of Capcom games reached 13.8 million copies – 11.4 million copies per “figure”.
- The Resident Evil 3 remake reached the mark of three million copies. Capcom noted that Resident Evil 2 Remake and Resident Evil 7 also show good results.
- Monster Hunter: World sales totaled 16.4 million copies over the period.
Data on franchises
- Resident Evil – 105 million copies
- Monster Hunter – 65 million copies.
- Street Fighter – 45 million copies.
- Mega Man – 36 million copies.
- Devil May Cry – 22 million copies.
- Dead Rising – 14 million copies.