CrossCode is finally coming to consoles, and Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One owners will be able to check it out soon. The retro-styled action RPG will release for consoles on July 9. The game will cost $20.
ININ Games also announced it will release a physical edition of CrossCode for PlayStation 4 and Switch at all major retailers across North America and Europe on August 28.
The game, which was first announced for Switch in January 2019, released for PC in September 2018 after a lengthy Early Access period. The trailer below is in Japanese, but the game has already been fully translated into English.
The game also sports a 16-bit SNES art style, but you can catch a glimpse of what it looks like in action in the trailer above. “During the fast-paced battles, you will use the tools you find on your journey to reveal and exploit the enemies’ weaknesses and at the same time will be able to choose equipment and skills for a more in-depth approach in fighting your enemies.” CrossCode is said to last anywhere between 30 and 80 hours, include more than 30 boss fights, and over 100 quests to solve. That’s where it gets its MMO inspiration from along with a few other neat tricks.
- Dive into a massive adventure with a playtime of around 30 to 80 hours.
- Explore a large world with seven unique areas and hidden secrets all over the place.
- Fight over 120 enemy types including 30-plus boss fights.
- Enter seven expansive dungeons, all with unique themes and puzzle mechanics.
- Master over 90 combat arts and even more passive skills.
- Solve over 100 quests with a great variety of tasks and unique challenges.
- 60-plus music tracks made by a rice ball (yes).