The Nintendo Switch, a popular gaming console developed by Nintendo, is typically sold as a standalone system. This means that it comes with the necessary hardware but does not usually include games. Here’s what you can expect to find in a standard Nintendo Switch box:
- Nintendo Switch Console: This is the main unit where the processing power lies. It features a 6.2-inch capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
- Joy-Con Controllers: The package includes a pair of Joy-Con controllers (one left and one right). These can be attached to the console for handheld mode or detached for tabletop or TV mode.
- Joy-Con Straps: These are attached to the Joy-Con controllers to provide additional safety while playing.
- Joy-Con Grip: This accessory allows you to combine the two Joy-Con controllers into a more traditional-style controller.
- Nintendo Switch Dock: This is used to connect the Nintendo Switch to your TV. When the console is docked, you can enjoy gaming on a larger screen.
- HDMI Cable and AC Adapter: These are used for connecting the dock to your TV and for charging the console, respectively.
While the standard Nintendo Switch package does not include games, Nintendo and various retailers often offer special bundle packages. These bundles include the Nintendo Switch console along with one or more games. They may also feature limited edition designs on the console and controllers related to the bundled game. Some popular Nintendo Switch bundles have included games like “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”, “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe”, “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate”, and “The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild”.
It’s important to note that these bundles are often released to coincide with the launch of a major game or for special events, and their availability can vary based on location and retailer. They may also cost more than the standalone console due to the inclusion of the game.
If a bundle isn’t available or doesn’t include the game you want, games for the Nintendo Switch can be purchased separately. They are available as physical cartridges that you can buy from a store or online, or as digital downloads from the Nintendo eShop, which is accessible directly from the console.
So, while the Nintendo Switch doesn’t typically come with games, there are plenty of options for getting started with some great gaming experiences right out of the box.