As players progress through the main Pursuits of the game, they will get new Parts from the NPCs in the game as a small reward. These parts are not just normal rewards, they can be used in a Research process to unlock new and better equipment for your Boat.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to Research Parts in DREDGE.
You will get different Boat Parts from the characters in the game when you complete a Pursuit for them. Each of the characters has their pursuits that can be seen in the Pursuit Tab in the main menu of the game. You can complete the pursuits to earn these Parts and store them in your Cargo or Storage. Once you have obtained the parts, you can use these parts to research them. In order to do the Research, follow the following steps.
- Obtain the Parts.
- Go to any Dock on the map.
- Select the Research option. It will be the two-gear option.
- After that, you will see the Research Menu and it will have different tabs.
- You can select between the Rods, Engines, Pots, and Nets.
- Each of the equipment tabs will allow you to research a part for a certain item.
- Hover over an item and hold down the A Button to research parts for that item and it will be unlocked in Shipwright Shop.
After researching the parts, the selected equipment item will be unlocked and you can go to the Shipwright Shop in Greater Marrow to buy the unlocked equipment. By researching the parts, you can unlock better equipment and then sell the old ones to buy new and better equipment to increase the stats of your Boat.