The astrologer character’s main stat is Intelligence, the soul level is 6, the mind of 15, and the dexterity of 12. So basically, what this means is that this character is a mage and does sorcery attacks on the enemies. More the Intelligence, more the damage he would deal.
You also have a quality endurance of 9 and a vigor of 9 as well. Now after selecting an astrologer as your character choose Golden Seed as your keepsake because you get an extra flask.
You’ll start with Astrologer’s Staff that casts spells. You’ll get two spells at the start, Glintstone Pebble and Glintstone Arc. Both of these spells are really useful in the early game as they deal good damage. You’ll also get a short sword and Scripture Wooden shield. You’ll have the Astrologer Armor set that you can change later in the game if you want to. The armor set for this build is not very important as most of the time you’ll be maintaining distance and attacking the enemies.
The main attribute to upgrade is Intelligence because if you want to cast the endgame spells you need at least 70 of intelligence. For your secondary stats, you can upgrade Mind and Vigor because it will give you more FP and health. You can put some points in Endurance and Dexterity as well.
As the Astrologer, you need a better Staff to cast spells and there is a number of staff in the game that you can choose from. The best staff that you’d get with the S-tier Intelligence would be the Carian Regal Scepter. You get this Staff by beating Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon at the Raya Lucaria Academy.
If you want to fight close combat with the enemies, you can use the Dark Moon Greatsword as it got buffed in the latest patch. The recovery time of this sword is decreased and casting speed is increased which makes it more viable to use. You get this sword by completing the Ranni’s Dark Moon questline.
The talismans for this build are the following.
- Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman: It enormously boosts physical damage negation. If you’re using your Greatsword or any other close combat weapon then this’ll increase your survivability chances.
- Green Turtle Talisman: It Increases stamina recovery speed. This talisman is really important because casting a spell will also cost stamina as well as the FP cost. So, recovering your stamina faster will give you more edge on the enemies.
- Shard of Alexander: It greatly increases the attack power of skills. It’ll increase the damage of your close combat weapon skill.
- Radagon Icon: It shortens the spell casting time which is very valuable in combat.
The spells for this build are the following.
- Comet: The comet is a really powerful spell and you should use it as your primary spell because it does a great deal of damage to enemies. If you charge it for longer the more damage it will do and the range of the spell will also increase.
- Comet Azur: It is one of the best spells in the game, you can easily kill bigger enemies by charging the spell onto them. If your enemies are not moving or stay a bit longer in the range of the spell they will die in a very short time.
- Carian Phalanx: It is one of the defensive spells that put several swords above your head and attack the nearby enemy.
- Terra Magica: It creates a circle around you which boosts the damage of the spells. So, if you use this spell and then use the Comet spell on the enemy by staying in the circle then it will deal more damage.
The Tear flask used for this build is the following.
Cerulean Hidden Tear: It eliminates all FP costs while casting spells. It stays for 7 seconds in the latest patch but before it stays for 15 seconds. But it is still very valuable and a great Tear.
Greenburst Crystal Tear: It temporarily boosts stamina recovery speed.
Here is a sequence diagram that visualizes the Astrologer build in Elden Ring: