- Release date: December 3, 2021
- Developer: Deep Silver Fishlabs (Germany)
- Platforms: PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC, Stadia
- USK: No evaluation
- Genre: Action
- Player: 1
Publisher Deep Silver and developer Deep Silver FISHLABS have announced the new IP Chorus for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Google Stadia and PC. Chorus is a dark space combat shooter and will be released in 2021.
Chorus supports the Xbox family’s smart delivery feature. With the one-time purchase, the title can be played on both Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
In Chorus, players take control of the dual protagonists: ex-cultist Nara, an outstanding pilot with a haunted past, as well as Forsaken, a sensitive AI, starfighter and Nara’s closest ally with a mysterious backstory to discover. In the story-heavy single-player experience, players can unlock powerful weapons and mind-altering abilities as they free the galaxy from the Circle, an oppressive cult that doesn’t even shy away from the cruelest of resources.
Tobias Severin, Studio Director at Deep Silver FISHLABS says: “We are excited to introduce this new and exciting IP. From the start, our focus has been on creating action-packed gameplay that evolves the spirit of a classic space shooter. We are making full use of the new NextGen hardware to enable more detailed, ray-traced environments in 4k and 60fps. ”
More information about Chorus
Players take control of Nara, once the deadliest warrior in the Circle cult, who has become its most wanted person. She wants to destroy the dark cult that once created her. In a true evolution of the space shooter, you have powerful weapons and mind-altered abilities at your disposal. Together with Forsaken, her Sentient starfighter, she explores ancient temples, fights in weightlessness, and looks behind the facades of our awakening reality.
A journey of reparation
Players lead Nara, an outstanding pilot who works with Forsaken to face her past. Your journey takes you across the galaxy and beyond the limits of reality. She fights for the reunification of the rebel groups, against the cult and their leader, the great prophet – no matter what.
Journey Behind the Void
A dark new universe packed with mystery and conflict. Breathtaking areas are waiting to be discovered: huge space stations and strange levels behind our reality. Epic battles in weightlessness, both in the boundless cosmos and in narrow corridors. Chorus combines spectacular space exploration with fast-paced combat and action.
A pilot, a ship, a living weapon
Use and unlock powerful and deadly weapons and valuable combat upgrades. Master the incomparable drift mechanics of the spaceship and the mind-altering abilities, teleportation and telekinesis. Fight huge hordes of enemies and destroy gigantic battleships. Players combine the firepower of their ship to become the most powerful living weapon.
- An incomparable single player experience
- Play as a dual protagonist: Nara and her sensitive AI companion and Starfigter Forsaken, on a journey of reparation
- Experience action-packed gameplay that evolves the spirit of a classic space shooter
- Fight and unite the rebels in the fight against the Circle and their mysterious leader, the dark prophet
- Fight against hordes of opposing star fighters, huge battle ships and unknown objects from the void of space.
- Use powerful, destructive weapons and fascinating skills in weightlessness
- Explore a dark new sci-fi universe, packed with secrets and exciting conflicts
- Enjoy breathtaking NextGen graphics in 4k – in every detail
- Designed to take full advantage of the gen-9 hardware:
- Ray-traced reflections
- 4k resolution with 60fps
- Brilliant destruction effects
- High quality volumetrics
- Incredible environmental effects