Both of the games, Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet do not have any option to delete the save file data which might confuse some players on how to replay the whole game from scratch because there are different reasons to replay the game. Some players want to select a different starter in the game or some want to play in a different order so, players will have to play the whole game from the start.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to start a new game in Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet.
Starting A New Game
Most of the story mode and open-world games have the option to reset the game by choosing the option of starting a New Game or deleting the previous save files but if you check the options and menus of Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet, you will not find such options. However, there are a couple of methods that you can do to start a new game from scratch and play the game the way you like.
There are two methods that you can follow to start a new game on Nintendo Switch and both of them are given down below.
Deleting Save Files
Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet do not have the option to delete the saved files of the game. However, you can delete the save files of Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet manually from inside the Nintendo Switch Settings. To delete the Save Files of Pokemon Scarlet or Violet, follow the following steps.
- Go to the Home Screen or Main Menu of Nintendo Switch. Close the Game if the game is running before moving on to the next steps.
- Go to the System Settings.
- Come down in the System Settings and you need to select the setting named “Data Management”.
- Come all the way down in Data Management settings and you will see an option of “Delete Save Data”.
- Select the Delete Save Data option and you need to select the Pokemon Scarlet or Pokemon Violet game, whichever you have, and then select the first option to delete the Save Data for the first profile of the game.
- If you select the second option saying “Delete All Save Data for this Software” then all the saved data for each profile will be permanently deleted.
After deleting the Save Files, when you start the game, you will be able to start the whole game from the scratch.
Create a New Profile
If you don’t want to erase all of your progress in the game then you can do a simple method as well. You can create a new profile for the game to start a new game and all of your save files for the game will remain safe. In order to create a profile for Pokemon Scarlet or Pokemon Violet, you just need to press the + button on the game application and you will get to create a new profile.
Creating the new profile and then launching the game with that new profile will launch a new game and you will be able to play it from scratch without losing your progress in the main profile.