Now that Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl will debut later this year, it seems fans are wondering which Pokémon will be the hardest to catch in these remakes. Well, if we review the original version of the Nintendo DS games, we can get a top 10 with really challenging Pokémon, as shared from Dexerto.
In the list below, you can take a look at some of the species that will cost us the most when Pokémon Shiny Diamond and Shiny Pearl are released on Nintendo Switch if no changes are made from the original game. Here you have it:
- Palkia / Dialga / Giratina, which have a higher capture rate (30%) than other legendary. However, they do involve working hard to achieve them.
- Rotom, which featured Legendary Pokémon battle theme music and was only obtainable through Old Mansion TV with a 45% catch rate.
- Cresselia / Mesprit, available only after obtaining the National Pokédex. Catching them is also quite difficult and it is recommended to have Pokémon with Fake Smack.
- Beldum, which has a 3% capture rate and requires having the National Pokédex to find it wild. We can find it on Route 228 with a spawn rate of 40%.
- Munchlax has a 1% spawn rate high up in honey trees. It is recommended to spread Honey on the side of one of these trees and then wait 6 hours for the Pokémon to appear.
- Manaphy: In its day, it was discovered in Pokémon Ranger that pressing R + X + Left allowed you to enter a password that gave access to a new special mission called “Rescue the egg” and that rewarded players with a Manaphy egg that it could be sent to Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
- Regigigas, which has a capture rate of 3% and requires having the National Pokédex. Then you have to enter the Puntaneva Temple with six floors and with various riddles. Upon reaching the final floor, Regice, Regirock, and Registeel must be on the player’s team to awaken Regigigas.
- Shaymin, available only in Pokémon Platinum after receiving a special event from an Oak card, where players had to go to route 224 and then access the Coastal Road in order to find Shaymin if you had the teacher’s card. His capture rate is 45%, but he is level 30 and we can inadvertently weaken him.
- Darkrai, which could be obtained by accessing New Moon Island but only if you had a membership card distributed in 2009.
- Arceus, which has a 3% catch rate plus Game Freak never officially released for Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Only a few players managed to obtain it through Action Replay cheats to access the Azure Flute event and thus summon Arceus in the Hall of Origin.