Some references and details of Cyberpunk 2077 online multiplayer can be found in the PC executable file.
The launch of Cyberpunk 2077 has not been without controversy on PS4 and Xbox One but on PC we are faced with one of the best RPGs of recent years … and that while waiting for its multiplayer mode, which according to CD Projekt is not it will be out in a few months.
It is unknown how Cyberpunk 2077’s online multiplayer mode will work but a group of dataminers have found certain references in the executable file of its PC version which could point to various online functions and game modes of the futuristic RPG.
The first thing we come across is two multiplayer Cyberpunk 2077 game modes; The first is called Heist, which consists of a huge open-world located in Night City with missions, challenges, and a similar operation to GTA Online.
The second mode is a basic team/free-for-all duel, in which our objective will be to eliminate all enemies as if it were a multiplayer shooter. Therefore, the main interest lies in the Heist Mode of Cyberpunk 2077 Online.
When examining the executable file of Cyberpunk 2077, it is suggested that this online multiplayer mode would not have dedicated servers, but would work based on P2P connections.
Cyberpunk 2077 Heist Mode Elements
- MP.Heist.SetPlayerCharacterClass (may imply that multiplayer is focused on a stricter character class selection system) MP_PlayerReady
- ++% s joined the heist
- -% s abandoned the heist
Cyberpunk 2077 Deathmatch Elements
- ++% s joined the game
- % s killed% s
- You sent yourself straight to hell! Please don’t come back
- Woohoo! You killed yourself … Bravo.
- Your bullet was stronger than your self esteem
- Your shot destroyed your own body and soul. Duh
- You sent% s straight to hell!
- Woohoo! You killed% s mercilessly
- Your bullet was stronger than% s’s head
- Your shot destroyed the body and soul of% s
- % S sent you straight to hell!
- Woohoo! % s killed you mercilessly
- % S bullet was stronger than your head
- % S shot destroyed your body and soul
These data suggest that in Cyberpunk 2077 Online’s Heist mode we will be able to select a class, participate in robberies, forge alliances with other players, explore Night City with our friends, and complete missions and other challenges. It reminds us of a lot of GTA Online, really.