In our level guide for Season 25 in Diablo 3, we show you how you can quickly reach the max level of level 70. It’s a kind of speed leveling. Nintendosmash shows you the steps with and without Challenge Rift.
What kind of guide is that? Here we introduce you to how you quickly level your new season character in Season 25 of Diablo 3 to the maximum level 70. We are primarily aimed at players who have already had experience with Seasons in Diablo 3.
Anyone entering D3 for the first time should take the time to level and enjoy the experience.
Level up quickly in Season 25 – How does it work?
You have to know that: The leveling process has not changed in Diablo 3 lately. In the past seasons, Nintendosmash has made the experience that leveling in connection with a challenge portal is a lot of fun and is particularly effective. This enables you to unlock Kanai’s Cube early and secure important rewards.
Here in the guide, we introduce you to the level method with and without the Challenge Rift. So you can decide for yourself which method you want to play with at level 70. If you don’t feel like doing the Challenge Rift this week or have already done it, just skip the next section and read on afterward.
Start with challenge portal
This is how it starts: After the start of Season 25 in Diablo 3, you create a Seasonal Hero. You do this by ticking the green leaf at the bottom left when creating. Enter the game with this character and leave it straight away in the main menu.
Now go to the game settings and then click on the option for the challenge portal on the left. It is very important that you have selected your Seasonal Hero before starting the Challenge Rift and briefly go into the game.
Note: This is only possible if you have already completed a large nephalem portal in Diablo 3. If you haven’t done this with your account yet, skip this step.
Why is it worth it? By completing the Challenge Rift, you will receive valuable resources right at the beginning of the season. These are:
- Bounty Material (15 each)
- 35 breath of death
- 475 Splinters of Blood
- Crafting material
- plus 4.6 million gold
This is how it continues: After completing the portal, you have completed the first part of this method. Now you have to activate your advantages in the game. Proceed as follows:
- Go back to the Diablo 3 menu
- Now select the “Adventure mode” with the difficulty “Master” in the game mode selection and start the game
- Now open the bag with the rewards of the Challenge Rift in the game – you will see the symbol for it in the interface
- Now grab the weapon of the Templar or another companion and equip it with you
- Optional: Complete a boss bounty now. Maghda, Zoltun Kull, Belial, or the Skeleton King are particularly suitable for this. If one of these bosses has a bounty, you should do it. Strong items are waiting for you right away
- Then you look in Act 3 Kanai’s Cube – We have a guide for you, where you can find Kanai’s Cube in Diablo 3 and what you can do with it. The cube is essential to implement the challenge portal rewards
Legendary item right at the start of Season 25
Have you unlocked Kanai’s Cube, you travel back to the city and go to the blacksmith. With the rewards earned from the Challenge Rift, you can now and do a complete upgrade directly. Now you build yellow armor or yellow weapon for level 70. What you choose from it depends on your class.
In the following table, we show you which items could be worthwhile for you depending on the class. The plan is that you upgrade a yellow item in Kanai’s cube to a legendary item and then withdraw the legendary power with Kanai’s cube and activate it on you. You can find out how to do this in the guide to Kanai’s Cube linked above.
So you carry the legendary power with you in the early levels.
|Great||Splinters of blood||Cube upgrade|
|Barbarian||Bracers (LVL 1)||Mighty 1H weapon – 6/8|
Mighty 2H weapon – 3/6
bracers (LVL 1)
|2H flail – 6/8|
1H flail – 4/7
|Demon Hunter||Bracers (LVL 1)||Dagger – 2/2|
bracers (LVL 1)
|Fist weapon – 8/12|
Daibo – 4/8
|Necromancer||Gloves (LVL 1) –|
rings = risky
|2H Sense – 4/4|
|Witchdoctor||Mojo (LVL 1),|
voodoo mask (LVL 34)
|Ceremonial knife – 8/12|
|wizard||Source (LVL 33) –|
Rings (LVL 28) = risky
|1H wand – 6/10|
The explanation for the numbers: The witch doctor has 12 ceremonial knives that have a legendary affix that can be withdrawn, 8 of which are also worthwhile. Hence 8/12
Depending on your chosen class, there are certain items at level 1 that you can exchange at Kadala in town. You received splinters of blood from the reward bag. At what level which items drop for you, learn it on D3planner.com.
Level up quickly from 1 to 70
If you have acquired a strong, legendary power, all you have to do now is equip the appropriate skills and then have a lot of fun leveling. If you skipped the step with the Challenge Rift, you can start here with the level guide.
Level 1 to 24
So you can now level: Depending on your personal taste, decide whether you want to try to farm with massacre bonuses or complete nephalem portals. If you level up with massacre bonuses, the areas of the halls of agony are suitable at levels 1 to 3. However, it takes a little practice to farm efficiently with massacre bonuses.
Solo players should move on quickly with Massacre bonuses. Group players can do this up to level 30, but should then switch to normal nephalem portals because the group usually makes rapid progress there.
This way you can level up to level 24 or 30. Keep in mind that:
- You should visit the blacksmith every 8 to 10 levels and try to make a stronger weapon
- You visit the dealer in town at regular intervals and look for amulets and rings that offer “+ damage” – they are really strong in the level phase
- You should equip a head item with a socket in order to plant a red gemstone there for more XP – in the case of weapons, the red gemstones are good in the level phase to get more damage out.
- Update: The new soul shards are, depending on the bonus, also very interesting for your level phase
What difficulty to level? You should always adjust your difficulty in between so that you get trash mobs with 1-3 hits out of life. If you only plow through the enemy, you can set the difficulty high. If you need more than three hits per opponent, then you should turn down the difficulty.
Level 24 to 40
From now on it is efficient to level with nephalem portals.
- Make sure that you close the portals as quickly as possible and adjust the difficulty of this
- If you play in groups, consultation is important. A player teleports out during the fight against the rift boss and closes the portal immediately after the boss has fallen. In the 30 seconds, until it closes, he returns to the group and everyone continues to kill mobs in the portal together.
Level 40 to 70
Have you reached level 40? Then you teleport into the city and visit the mystic there. You are now fully developing this.
- Then make a yellow 2H weapon for level 70 at the blacksmith
- You do this until a weapon has a% affix (% chance to freeze, stun, etc.)
- Now go to the mystic and roll over the other secondary bonus (not the one with the% affix). You want to get a level reduction that comes as close as possible to 30 levels
- As soon as you can carry these weapons, equip them and turn the difficulty really high. In the best case, you already carry a 70s weapon at level 40. Then set it to Torment 6 and slowly feel your way down if that is still too difficult.
- Due to the high damage output of the 70s weapon, you should be making good progress now
Levels up to 70: You now continue with the nephalem portals until you reach the max level. This also works if you are not yet carrying a 70s gun. Grind up to level 70 here.
Reached level 70 – what now?
So you go on: After reaching the max level, season 25 in Diablo 3 really starts for you. If you want to move forward quickly, it is best to complete the first four chapters of the season trip (accessible on the PC via Shift + J) and thus secures a starter set.
You get the starter set through Haedrig’s gift. When you have completed that, you can easily play at high levels of torture and quickly equip yourself even better.