Hope’s Guardian is the 6th main Seasonal Quest of the Season of Malignant in Diablo IV, and players will unlock it once they have completed the A Prayer for Salvation quest. The Hope’s Guardian quest is similar to the Holding Back the Flood quest because it will require players to clear out certain Malignant Tunnels and complete the 3rd chapter of the Seasonal Journey. This guide will cover all of the objectives of Hope’s Guardian quest of Season of Malignant in Diablo IV.
Hope’s Guardian – Walkthrough
Hope’s Guardian quest will start once players have delivered all of the required items to Cormond. There are three main objectives that players will have to accomplish to complete the quest.
Clear Malignant from the Den of the Blighted
Den of the Blighted is one of the Malignant Tunnels located in the Hawezar region. Players can find the Den of the Blighted South of the Dismal Foothills. If players have unlocked the Ruins of Rakhat Keep: Inner Court Waypoint, they will be able to find it easily. To clear Malignant from the Den of the Blighted, players need to destroy 3 Malignant Corruptions. Malignant Corruption can be found as players progress through the tunnels. After destroying 3 Malignant Corruptions, players need to slay Tsula Vahn, the Malignant Prophet, who will spawn on the south side of the tunnels. Defeat Tsula Vahn and capture the Malignant Heart to complete Den of the Blighted dungeon and objective.
Clear Malignant from the Fissure of Malice
Fissure of Malice is one of the Malignant Tunnels located in the Fractured Peaks region. Players can find it in the Frostbite Trails area. To clear Malignant from the Fissure of Malice, players need to slay 2 Malignant Ghouls. Malignant Ghouls are bigger than normal Malignant Monsters. Once players have defeated both Malignant Ghouls, they need to slay Myraleth, the Malignant Bloodlord. Myraleth will spawn after the Malignant Ghouls, and players will have to defeat and capture the Malignant Heart to complete the Fissure of Malice dungeon and objective.
Complete Chapter 3 of the Seasonal Journey
The last main objective that players will have to do is to complete Chapter 3 of the Seasonal Journey. Players can view the challenges of Chapter 3 of Seasonal Journey by opening the main menu and selecting the Season Tab. There are 13 challenges in Chapter 3, from which players will have to complete 11 to finish the chapter. All of the challenges of Chapter 3 of the Seasonal Journey are the following:
- Shards of the Fiends: Collect 5 Scattered Prisms.
- Risk and Reward: Buy 5 items from the Purveyor of Curiosities.
- Champion of the Lost: Conquer 5 Strongholds.
- Touching the Eternal: Unlock 4 Aspects of Power.
- A Master at Work: Complete 5 World Events with Mastery.
- Hunter’s Whisper: Complete 10 Whispers.
- Wonders Distilled: Craft 5 Elixirs of any type at the Alchemist.
- Transfer of Power: Imprint an Aspect at the Occultist.
- Grim Reward: Obtain 10 Caches from the Tree of Whispers.
- Corruption Cleansed: Complete 5 Malignant Tunnels.
- Exceptional Potency: Upgrade your potion to Moderate at the Alchemist.
- Steel from Iron: Upgrade items to 2 diamonds at the Blacksmith or Jeweler.
- Purging the Plague: Use Wrathful Malignant Invoker in a Malignant Tunnel.
After completing chapter 3 of the Seasonal Journey, players need to talk to Cormond to complete the quest.