If you’re looking to acquire more materials for upgrading your gear or weapons in Diablo IV, salvaging items stored in your inventory is one of the best ways to do so. Salvaging items will provide you with a specific number of certain materials, based on their rarity. Therefore, it’s recommended to salvage Magic and Rare items, as they yield materials that are valuable for upgrading your gear.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of salvaging items in Diablo IV.
How to Salvage Items in Diablo IV
To salvage items, players need to visit the Blacksmith, who serves as a vendor in settlements and small towns across the World of Sanctuary. The first settlement players will encounter is Kyovashad in the Fractured Peaks region. You can reach this settlement by progressing through the story.
Once you arrive at Kyovashad, you’ll notice an icon on the map depicting a Hammer and an Anvil, indicating the presence of a Blacksmith. Whenever you come across this icon, it signifies the presence of a Blacksmith nearby. Head to the Blacksmith and speak to them to access the Salvage options. The Blacksmith also provides services for repairing and upgrading your gear. In the Salvage menu, you’ll find several options displayed on the screen:
- ALL JUNK: Selecting this option will salvage all items marked as “Junk” in your inventory. You can mark items as junk before speaking to the Blacksmith.
- COMMON: Choosing this option will salvage all Grey items in your inventory.
- MAGIC: Selecting this option will salvage all Blue items in your inventory.
- RARE: Choosing this option will salvage all Gold items in your inventory.
- ALL ITEMS: Selecting this option will salvage all items in your inventory, except for Legendary items.
Alternatively, you can choose to salvage items individually by selecting them from your inventory. However, this method can be time-consuming. It’s recommended to mark items as junk, speak to the Blacksmith, and then select the ALL JUNK option to salvage them all at once. The salvaged items will provide you with various materials that can be used to upgrade your gear. Therefore, it’s more beneficial to salvage items rather than sell them.
Salvaging items in Diablo IV is a great way to acquire valuable materials for enhancing your gear. Remember to visit the Blacksmith regularly to make the most of this feature and ensure you’re well-equipped for the challenges that lie ahead.