In Farming Simulator 22, managing grain storage is a crucial aspect of successful farming. While selling, processing, and using grains for livestock feed are common practices, there are times when temporarily storing the harvest becomes necessary. Silos serve as ideal storage facilities, available in various sizes for purchase through the construction menu. Changing the fill level of silos can be accomplished through conventional methods such as unloading new grain. However, there is also a “cheat” method similar to the one in FS19 that allows you to modify the silo fill level instantly. In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to change silo fill levels effortlessly in FS22.
Changing Silo Fill Levels with the “Cheat” Method
The simplest and quickest way to modify silo fill levels is when the silo already contains grain. In this case, you can easily locate the relevant silo and edit the values. Alternatively, you can manually search for the silo in the XML file. Follow these steps to change the silo fill level:
- Save your current game in FS22 and return to the main menu or exit the game entirely.
- Open the savegame folder for Farming Simulator 22, located at “C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022” using Windows Explorer. It’s advisable to create a backup copy of the folder as a precaution.
- In the savegame folder, locate and open the “placeables.xml” file using a text editor like Notepad++.
- Search for the specific silo you wish to modify within the file. Each silo is represented by an element, and within it, you’ll find the “fillType” (indicating the content of the silo) and the “fillLevel” (representing the amount of grain stored).
- Adjust the “fillLevel” value to your desired amount, save the changes to the file, and relaunch FS22 or load your saved game.
Finally, mods have become available that provide convenient options to adjust silo fill levels with the click of a button. Currently, we have not discovered a console command for changing the fill level.
By following the steps outlined above, you can effortlessly change the fill levels of silos in Farming Simulator 22. Whether you prefer the “cheat” method or anticipate the release of mods for easier fill level adjustments, this knowledge will enhance your farming experience. Stay tuned for updates on console commands or alternative methods for modifying silo fill levels.