Horizon Zero Dawn and Frozen Wilds: Best Weapons, How to Get Them, and Essential Tips
Aloy’s journey wouldn’t be the same without the exotic equipment that goes with it: a bow, spear, or sling, and spectacular variants like the stunner, rope thrower, and destroyer to hunt down mechanical dinosaurs with ease. In this guide, we will tell you which are the best weapons in Horizon Zero Dawn and its Frozen Wilds DLC.
All available weapons: bows, slings, spears and much more
In Horizon Zero Dawn you will find weapons known in our reality and some futuristic inventions with prehistoric overtones to combat the huge metal beasts. These are all the weapons available in the game:
- Spear of Sylens : used to attack melee and sabotage enemies
- Bow – Deals ranged damage and comes in a variety of variants that focus on accuracy, damage, and other attacks.
- Honda – launch explosive and cryogenic balls from a distance.
- Stunner : allows you to install traps on the ground, it is the most useful for stealth missions.
- Rope thrower : used to throw ropes at the machines and thus slow them down or immobilize them for a second attack.
- Destroyer : a weapon similar to an airgun, very powerful, but also slow.
In the Frozen Wilds DLC, you will have the same weaponry, although you will have the possibility of getting some more than interesting variants for some of the weapons, which quickly rank among the best in the game.
The best weapons in Horizon Zero Dawn and Frozen Wilds
Now, of all the weapons available in Horizon Zero Dawn and its Frozen Wilds DLC, it is clear that some stand out more than others. As is often the case in games that blend action moments with stealth, the choice of equipment will depend on your style of play, although in all cases, the bow will be your best friend (although with different variants). Here are some tips on the weapons in Horizon Zero Dawn and which are the best for your situation:
- First, the Spear of Sylens . There is no more loyal weapon than the first spear you get in the campaign: melee attacks get you out of a tight spot, and of course, the ability to hack into mechanical beasts will help you change the rules of the game in more than one way. occasion (to be allies or serve as a mount).
- The Shadowed Rope Thrower is another weapon that you should never ignore in the Horizon Zero Dawn campaign: use it to slow down enemies that cause you a lot of problems and then attack them with the most powerful bow you have, or in any case, serve as a barrier! so that they lose their balance and stumble! It is a versatile device and very useful in all confrontations.
- On the other hand, the Shadow Sling is one of those weapons that can be easily ignored but should be essential in your equipment since it opens the possibility of launching elemental damage to your enemies before starting your fierce attack with other weapons such as the bow.
- Finally, the Shadow Destroyer, a weapon of the enormous damage that allows you to destroy the components, weapons, and armor of metallic dinosaurs with ease, so it never hurts to have it around, and especially in its shadow variant (the standard Destroyer meets with your goals anyway).
- As for the Stunner, in its best variant, it is a weapon that can be used to leave traps in moments of stealth, but it can also be used in frantic combats in which you need to put a stop to enemies: you leave traps in isolated areas and you take them there so that they lose a life and become hampered.
What are the best bows in Horizon Zero Dawn and Frozen Wilds
Bows are probably the weapon you will use the most in the Horizon Zero Dawn campaign: they are fast, light, precise, and do a lot of damage from a distance, allowing you to attack your tin foes in constant movement, or fight humans in positions. advanced with total stealth. However, the first bow that you will find in the game falls far behind what you will be able to achieve later. Here are the best bows from Horizon Zero Dawn and its Frozen Wilds DLC :
- Shadow Hunting Bow – The Shadow Hunting Bow is hands down one of the best bows you’ll get in the Horizon Zero Dawn campaign – it’s fast, has excellent range, and provides you with standard, fiery, and iron arrows to attack. to armored enemies. It can be purchased by the piece at any trading post.
- Shadow Prime Bow: As mentioned earlier, the bows in Horizon Zero Dawn feature different variants that focus on increasing the range or damage of the weapon. In the case of precision bows, the Shadowy First Bow is one of the best options available in the entire game since it has three types of arrows to hunt down creatures, in addition to a long shooting distance. Its only flaw? That it takes a little longer than necessary to reload the arrows.
- Banuk Champion Bow: Among the weapons that Frozen Wilds brought us, the Banuk Champion Bow ranks among the most powerful. It comes as an ultra-powerful variation of the war bow from the main campaign. It has three variants of arrows (electric, freezing, and corruption) that allow you to sow strategy in the combat terrain, as well as good range and great power in each shot.
- Lodge War Bow: None of the bows mentioned in this list balance their stats as much as the Lodge War Bow. It has elemental arrows to select according to the type of confrontation you have, it has a good range and significant damage. Of course, to achieve this, you will have to finish with the 15 tests of the lodge. A challenge worth taking up.
Resident Evil 4 Remake – How to Defeat Mendez
Mendez is one of the main bosses in the game that players will have to defeat in order to progress ahead in the main story of the game. Mendez is the tough Hat guy that you have met several times during the early missions of the game and you will finally get to defeat him in the Sixth Chapter of the game.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to defeat Mendez in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Mendez will come after you in the Sixth Chapter for a couple of times and once you have escaped him for the first time, he will come after you again when you reach the Slaughter House. A cutscene will start in which he will kick down Leon and after the cutscene, you will get to fight the Demon Form of Mendez. Mendez is like a scorpion + spider demon and at the start of the fight, you will have to deal heavy damage to Mendez to separate him from his lower body.
Use the Riot Shotgun for this boss as it will deal the most-heavy damage to him. You can also use the Submachine Gun at him to deal a decent amount of damage to him. Mendez has a grabbing attack that can be dodged and you can also get out of the grab attack by striking him with the knife when the icon pop-up on the screen. He also has a smashing attack that you need to dodge by maintaining a distance from him.
Once you have dealt enough damage, he will go down and you will get the prompt to knife him. Go near him to knife him and deal a bit more damage to separate his top body from the lower. Two scorpion claws will come out of his body and he will use them to throw the flaming wooden planks at you from distance as well as the explosive barrels. At this stage, you need to use the Submachine gun or the Rifle to deal damage at the distance.
When he throws the planks, you can dodge them by pressing the evade button at the perfect time. You can also move away from them to dodge them. When you see him holding the barrels, you need to shoot at the barrels to deal high damage to him. Keep shooting at him to defeat him. A cutscene will start in which he will be killed and you will have to get out of the Slaughter House before you get burned down in the fire.
Resident Evil 4 Remake – How to Complete the Grave Robber Request
Grave Robber is one of the Merchant’s Requests that players can complete to get Spinels as a reward. All of the requests can be picked up from different locations and the Grave Robber request can be found in the Third Chapter or Fifth Chapter of the game.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to complete the Grave Robber Request.
Completing the Grave Robber Request
You can find the Grave Robber Request at the back side of the Church. You will get here after rescuing Ashley from the Church. You can also get here in the Third Chapter when you get to the Church for the first time. The Request will be on the wooden cabin in front when you get to the backside and it will tell you to destroy the 2 Tombstone Emblems.
The Tombstone Emblems are in the middle of the graveyard just outside the Church. Go to the Graveyard and go to the middle of it and you will see two emblems on different graves. You need to break the emblems to complete the Grave Robber Request.
After completing the Grave Robber request, go to the Merchant and he will reward you with 2x Spinels.
Resident Evil 4 Remake – How to Solve the Church Puzzle
After getting the Church Key, players will have to make their way back to the Church. They will get encountered by a Giant on the way and players will have to defeat the giant in order to make their way to the Church. Once they have reached the church, they will be able to open the Church main gate with the Church Key. After getting into the church, they will have to find Ashley but in order to do that, they will have to solve a Puzzle of lighting inside the Church.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to Solve the Church Puzzle in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Get the Blue Dial
When you go ahead in the Church, you will find a lever on the left side which will reveal two different dials, Green and Red. The Blue Dial will be missing and you will have to find the Blue Dial in order to start solving the light puzzle in the Church.
There will be a small pathway on the right side inside the church and at the end of the path, there will be a cupboard. Open the Cupboard to get the Blue Dial. Once you have the Blue Dial, go back to the Dial Console and place the Blue Dial on it.
Solving the Church Light Puzzle
You will have to rotate all of the three dials one by one in order to place them at the spot where the Yellow Symbols and the gaps of Red, Blue, and Green also combine to make the complete cult symbol. In order to do that, you need to move the Blue Dial in a way that the blue spots fits perfectly at the bottom left of the Cult Symbol.
Once it is placed right, switch to the Green Dial. Now, rotate the dial in a way that the green spots fits perfectly at the top left side as well as the top right side of the cult symbol. Now, switch to the Red Dial and move the red spots in a way that the bottom right side of the cult symbol fits perfectly with the spots. Once you have found the accurate spots, it will automatically light up and the door on the left side will open.
Once you have opened the door, you need to go up from the ladder on the left side to reach the door to find Ashley.