Aloy’s journey wouldn’t be the same without the exotic equipment that goes with it: a bow, spear, or sling, and spectacular variants like the stunner, rope thrower, and destroyer to hunt down mechanical dinosaurs with ease. In this guide, we will tell you which are the best weapons in Horizon Zero Dawn and its Frozen Wilds DLC.
All available weapons: bows, slings, spears and much more
In Horizon Zero Dawn you will find weapons known in our reality and some futuristic inventions with prehistoric overtones to combat the huge metal beasts. These are all the weapons available in the game:
- Spear of Sylens : used to attack melee and sabotage enemies
- Bow – Deals ranged damage and comes in a variety of variants that focus on accuracy, damage, and other attacks.
- Honda – launch explosive and cryogenic balls from a distance.
- Stunner : allows you to install traps on the ground, it is the most useful for stealth missions.
- Rope thrower : used to throw ropes at the machines and thus slow them down or immobilize them for a second attack.
- Destroyer : a weapon similar to an airgun, very powerful, but also slow.
In the Frozen Wilds DLC, you will have the same weaponry, although you will have the possibility of getting some more than interesting variants for some of the weapons, which quickly rank among the best in the game.
The best weapons in Horizon Zero Dawn and Frozen Wilds
Now, of all the weapons available in Horizon Zero Dawn and its Frozen Wilds DLC, it is clear that some stand out more than others. As is often the case in games that blend action moments with stealth, the choice of equipment will depend on your style of play, although in all cases, the bow will be your best friend (although with different variants). Here are some tips on the weapons in Horizon Zero Dawn and which are the best for your situation:
- First, the Spear of Sylens . There is no more loyal weapon than the first spear you get in the campaign: melee attacks get you out of a tight spot, and of course, the ability to hack into mechanical beasts will help you change the rules of the game in more than one way. occasion (to be allies or serve as a mount).
- The Shadowed Rope Thrower is another weapon that you should never ignore in the Horizon Zero Dawn campaign: use it to slow down enemies that cause you a lot of problems and then attack them with the most powerful bow you have, or in any case, serve as a barrier! so that they lose their balance and stumble! It is a versatile device and very useful in all confrontations.
- On the other hand, the Shadow Sling is one of those weapons that can be easily ignored but should be essential in your equipment since it opens the possibility of launching elemental damage to your enemies before starting your fierce attack with other weapons such as the bow.
- Finally, the Shadow Destroyer, a weapon of the enormous damage that allows you to destroy the components, weapons, and armor of metallic dinosaurs with ease, so it never hurts to have it around, and especially in its shadow variant (the standard Destroyer meets with your goals anyway).
- As for the Stunner, in its best variant, it is a weapon that can be used to leave traps in moments of stealth, but it can also be used in frantic combats in which you need to put a stop to enemies: you leave traps in isolated areas and you take them there so that they lose a life and become hampered.
What are the best bows in Horizon Zero Dawn and Frozen Wilds
Bows are probably the weapon you will use the most in the Horizon Zero Dawn campaign: they are fast, light, precise, and do a lot of damage from a distance, allowing you to attack your tin foes in constant movement, or fight humans in positions. advanced with total stealth. However, the first bow that you will find in the game falls far behind what you will be able to achieve later. Here are the best bows from Horizon Zero Dawn and its Frozen Wilds DLC :
- Shadow Hunting Bow – The Shadow Hunting Bow is hands down one of the best bows you’ll get in the Horizon Zero Dawn campaign – it’s fast, has excellent range, and provides you with standard, fiery, and iron arrows to attack. to armored enemies. It can be purchased by the piece at any trading post.
- Shadow Prime Bow: As mentioned earlier, the bows in Horizon Zero Dawn feature different variants that focus on increasing the range or damage of the weapon. In the case of precision bows, the Shadowy First Bow is one of the best options available in the entire game since it has three types of arrows to hunt down creatures, in addition to a long shooting distance. Its only flaw? That it takes a little longer than necessary to reload the arrows.
- Banuk Champion Bow: Among the weapons that Frozen Wilds brought us, the Banuk Champion Bow ranks among the most powerful. It comes as an ultra-powerful variation of the war bow from the main campaign. It has three variants of arrows (electric, freezing, and corruption) that allow you to sow strategy in the combat terrain, as well as good range and great power in each shot.
- Lodge War Bow: None of the bows mentioned in this list balance their stats as much as the Lodge War Bow. It has elemental arrows to select according to the type of confrontation you have, it has a good range and significant damage. Of course, to achieve this, you will have to finish with the 15 tests of the lodge. A challenge worth taking up.