The new part of the BioShock franchise was confirmed last year, but there is almost no news on it. Recently, the website of the studio Cloud Chamber Studios (a studio working on the game under the 2k wing) updated the list of their vacancies.
The following information has already been fished out of it and most likely it refers to the new BioShock:
- Development on Unreal Engine 4 (at the moment)
- Reboot – “New Fantasy World”
- Amazing storytelling and mechanics experience
- Cinematic moments at the director Wes Andersen
- Visually stunning textures and materials for physically correct rendering
- Highly interactive “live” world
- AAA first-person shooter
- Multi-platform game
It’s also mentioned that the game uses Unreal Engine 4, but as the publisher mentioned this year, this game is a long ways off (and you can probably assume based on how many of these key job listings remain open), so it’s not outside the realm of possibility that it will switch over to UE5 at some point. We’re most likely at least a year away from ever hearing anything official about whatever BioShock 4 will ultimately become, but at least we have something of an outline of what they are looking to do, so it’ll be exciting when the game is officially unveiled.