New World has finally appeared and many players are trying to reach the max level as quickly as possible. In this guide we would like to tell you how to get to level 60 quickly.
Power levels from 1-60, the overview:
- Level 1-5: For the first level it is important that you follow the main story on the respective beach.
- Level 5-9: Continue the main story until you have joined a faction.
- Level 9-18: Here you also follow the main story until you get the Azoth staff and complete missions for factions, side quests and the city. PvP missions give the most XP.
- Level 18-30: Basically, you continue to follow the main story. If you are traveling with a group, you should now farm the Dungeon Amrhein Expedition as best you can. Alternatively, you can do the world events from level 25.
- Level 30-40: Follow the main story. In a group you complete the dungeon “The Destroyed Obelisk”, as a solo player the world events between level 25 and 35.
- Level 40-50: main story. In a group the dungeon “The Depth”, as a solo player, quests in the Unsteady Coast area and world events.
- Level 50-53: Here it is a good idea to grind as a solo player in the area “Big Rift”. There are many opponents in the north of the city, which makes leveling quick. This is also where the main story takes place.
- Level 50-60: Main story and the dungeon “The shipyard of the dynasty”. Alternatively, world events in the Bruchberg area.
The fastest way to reach level 60, however, is a mixture of the main story, dungeons, and farming world events, the so-called “Breaches of Corruption”.
We will explain the exact details for all level phases and the world events in more detail in the course of the guide.
General tips for leveling in New World: In New World, you create a character and use it to complete quests or defeat monsters. There are experience points for this. You have to collect these in order to get from level 1 to a maximum of level 60.
There are a few tricks you can use to earn more experience points:
- Basically you get 10% more XP if you have PvP active.
- There is a faction board in the settlements where you can accept missions. Here, too, the PvP missions give more experience points.
- When completing faction quests, use the ones that are the shortest to save time.
- On your adventures you level up the different areas. Select there the bonuses for additional XP (if available) or for more reputation in order to get new bonuses faster.
- Picking up lore pages gives XP and is done in a flash. When you see a page for the first time, save it!
- There is also a “rested” bonus if you haven’t been online for a long time.
Power levels from 1 to 60 – this is how it works
Level 1-5: If you want to save a little time, you can press Escape in the tutorial and select “Skip to New World” in the game menu. This saves you some time, but you lose a free level for your sword + shield weapon.
On the beach it is important that you complete all quests and also take the small quest with you on the way to the first city. It also makes sense to initially make all 4 tools and collect 40 wood, 40 stone and 16 rawhide. You’ll need it for a quest in town.
Apart from this quest, however, you leave out collecting raw materials, with the exception of harvesting. You will need them later at level 30. So collect the hemp on the way!
Level 5-9: In these levels you basically follow the tutorial quests until you have joined a faction.
Level 9-18: At this point you want to travel to the city of Windkreis, no matter which starting point you come from. A lot of the content related to the main story takes place there. From there you can do side quests and faction missions until you are around level 12.
From level 12 you follow the main story again. Use faction missions in the nearby area to keep up with the main story level. At level 18 you will get the Azoth staff.
Collect as many fast travel points as you go through the main story and visit as many cities as possible in the surrounding area. You will travel a lot throughout history.
Level 18-30: Basically, you continue to follow the main story. It also takes you to the Amrhein Expedition Dungeon.
- From level 21 you can also accept the side quest Towering Tools ( via NewWorldFans ), which then includes a quest for the dungeon in the course of the quest series.
- In Immerfall there is another side quest “Led By Stars” ( via NewWorldFans ) from level 23 , which also leads you into the dungeon.
If you are traveling with a group, you should now farm the Dungeon Amrhein Expedition as best you can. However, you need an orb for access every time. You can get another orb through the quest “Led By Stars”. If in doubt, you can look for other random groups for the dungeon.
Alternatively, as a solo player, you can take on tasks from settlements again or complete world events from level 25. They bring a lot of XP and are great for farming.
Level 30-40: Follow the main story as usual. This leads you into the dungeon “The Destroyed Obelisk”. You should also farm this dungeon as best you can, although you get much fewer orbs here.
From level 35 you should do the main story, faction missions, and world events again. You can easily devote yourself to the portals from level 35.
Level 40-50: From level 40 your main story continues. This leads into the dungeon “The Depth”. From level 39 there is the side quest “Pirtales will Pirate” ( via NewWorldFans ), which also leads into the dungeon.
Again, you should farm the dungeon as best you can.
Otherwise, you can do quests and events in the Unsteady Coast area.
Level 50-53: Here it is a good idea to grind as a solo player in the area “Big Rift”. There are many opponents in the north of the city, which makes leveling quick. This is also where the main story takes place.
Alternatively, you can do world events in the area again.
Level 50-60: You follow the main story, which first leads you to the “Great Rift” and later to the “Bruchberg” area. From level 53 the dungeon “The shipyard of the dynasty” is added.
However, from level 50 you can also take part in the PvE invasions on fortresses or enter the instanced arenas in which you have to fight a boss. However, the quests for this arena are only available from level 57.
How long does the leveling take? If you are in a good group, you can manage levels 1 to 50 in around 25 hours of play. At this level, you can already experience almost all of New World’s content. If you want to reach the max level of 60, you have to invest some time again.