Connect with us

News

Nintendo claims the Joy-Con drift “is not a real problem or has caused no inconvenience to anyone”

Published

on

Renewal of Nintendo Switch Online and the arrival of Nintendo 64, GameCube, and Wii games in April

In March of this year, U.S. district judge Thomas S. Zilli approved Nintendo’s decision to send the case to arbitration, but also rejected the platform owner’s request to dismiss the case.

CSK&D is currently working to continue considering this case in the arbitration process. According to online reports, the company is now responding to consumers who previously contacted it about problems with Joy-Con drift and asking them to provide short videos describing the problems they encountered, how Nintendo handled their complaints, and whether it affected their trust in the company’s products.

“Thank you for contacting our law firm regarding the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Drift trial,” said an email from the law firm posted by mittenscone on Reddit. “We are working to mount videos from Nintendo Switch owners so that the problem of joy-con drift is heard. This will be useful for us in response to Nintendo’s arguments that this is not a real problem or caused no inconvenience to anyone.”

In an attempt to demonstrate these issues and their impact on consumers, it would be helpful for our legal action in this case if you provided us with a short (90 seconds or less) video describing your experience with Joy-Con drift on your controllers.


CSK&D
lawyers

CSK&D requests that the videos be submitted by October 16, and said it intends to share them with Nintendo’s lawyers and company representatives.

Shortly after the class-action lawsuit was filed last year, Nintendo reportedly stopped charging for repairs to the drifting Joy-Cons and began returning money to those who had already paid for the fix, although it did not admit to the actual malfunction of the Switch controllers.

However, the President of Nintendo made the company’s first public apology for the Joy-Con drift in June 2020. “We apologize for any inconvenience caused to our customers in connection with the Joy-Con controllers,” said Shuntaro Furukawa.

We continue to improve our products, but Joy-Con is currently the subject of a class-action lawsuit in the United States and is pending, so we can’t comment on any specific actions we may take.


Shuntaro Furukawa
President of Nintendo

Nintendo was hit with a new lawsuit by Joy-Con Drift in September that accuses the company of planned obsolescence – a policy of producing goods designed to be repaired and replaced more often.

The lawsuit was filed in Paris by the French non-profit consumer organization UFC-Que Choisir, which said it was acting in an attempt to force Nintendo to change the way it produces Joy-Cons.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Manage Cookie Settings