Throughout the playthrough of Silent Hill: The Short Message, a mysterious monster chases down Anita, the main protagonist, while trying to figure out what happened to her friend Maya. There are a total of five Monster Chase sequences in the complete playthrough of the game with the fifth being the final and the hardest chase.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to escape the monster in Chapter 3 of Silent Hill: The Short Message.
How to Escape the Monster in Chapter 3 of Silent Hill: The Short Message
Unlike the previous monster chase sequences in the game, this chase sequence can be tricky to complete as you will have to find five different drawings before you can go out. Finding each drawing will remove a lock from Maya’s Studio door where you need to go at the end of the chase.
As the sequence starts, run ahead and make the first right to start finding the drawings. There are several doors around the area and you need to search every one of them to see if there is any light. Every drawing will be under the light so look for light as you run around and dodge the monster around the area.
To successfully complete the chase sequence, follow the following steps.
- Go through the door to start the sequence and then make the first right to dodge the monster. Keep going along the path until you come across a table with light above it and you will find the first drawing.
- Continue in the same path and go through the hole in the wall on the left and then stay on the right side to find a briefcase with a light above it to get the second drawing.
- Now, go through the door in a tiny hallway with a light and make a left. Enter the first door either on the right or left side to eventually come across another table with a light above it to get the third drawing.
- Keep running around the area until you come across the same door again, make a left again, and then enter the second room either on the right or left side. It will take you through the multiple square paths and get you to a locker with a light above it. Get the drawing and be ready to dodge the monster. Track the monster from which side he is coming towards you and make a run from the other side to escape him.
- Now, for the final drawing, you need to find the same door again but this time you need to make a right and enter the first door you come across. It will let you enter a room with mannequins and a door ahead. Be careful as the monster usually comes from the door so, once you go past the door, make a left to find the table with a light above it.
Once you have found all the drawings, most of the area will close down and will allow you to run through the door that will eventually lead to Maya’s Studio which ends the final chase sequence.