Classic difficulty in Mafia: Definitive Edition is a variation in which the developers tried to recreate the balance of the original The City of Lost Heaven, albeit with some caveats. As noted by the staff at Hangar 13, their goal was to turn each mission into a real challenge without making the game unfair.
The differences between this difficulty level and the three main ones (low, medium and high) are not limited to more aggressive opponents and increased damage to both the main character and his vehicles.
- Lack of hints when navigating around the city (only minimap).
- Police react to traffic violations – including speeding.
- Opponents are not displayed on the minimap.
- When reloading, the player loses all cartridges remaining in the magazine.
- Health does not regenerate above 20% by itself, first aid kits are less effective.
- Increased difficulty of the race car in the “Fair Play” mission.
The remake will also have additional difficulty settings – players will be able to individually change vehicle handling, aiming assistance, police response and other options.
Mafia: Definitive Edition will be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on September 25.