Some want to level up their third character, others simply want to start directly with the endgame content without spending a long time in different areas, and others see it as a challenge. Either way: Speed-Leveling is popular with many WoW players and in the meantime, similar to speedrunners, real competition for the best time breaks out.
The current record is 3 hours and 33 minutes to get from level 10 to level 50 and was recently set by the streamer DesMephisto. For this, he used the WoW birthday buff and the bonus from the Darkmoon Faire.
What you have to consider when switching to WoW: Shadowlands is explained in the guide. We’ll give you tips for returning players who haven’t played World of Warcraft for a long time and explain the most important basics for newcomers to Blizzard’s MMO, so you’re ready for the add-on:
So you level in record time
Basically, the fast leveling works just like the usual. You travel to an area, take quests there and complete them by completing the tasks set. Once you have reached a certain level, your way leads you to the next area.
You can make the whole thing just a little more efficient when speed-leveling, by killing monsters and collecting items as efficiently as possible. However, it is important that you choose the right area and kill rare enemies.
- Levels 10-15: You start at level 10 through Chromies’ time travel campaign in Warlords of Draenor.
- Level 15-30: Move as a Horde player to the Silver Forest, which is located near Trisfal and Gilneas. It is located in the north-western part of the Eastern Kingdoms. As an Alliance player, Loch Modan offers a good alternative.
- Level 30-40: East of the Silver Forest is the Hillsbrad Foothills. Here you spend the next ten levels. As an Alliance member, you will also have to switch to the Dawn Forest or the Red Ridge Mountains.
- Level 40-45: Now you have to go back to Draenor. To be more precise to Gorgon.
- Level 45-48: For the next three levels you will stay in Draenor, but quest in the peaks of Arak.
- Level 48-50: For the last two levels you will go back to Kalimdor in the Stone Claw Mountains.
Anyone who has dealt a bit with the subject knows that other areas can also be very promising. Especially when the currently selected quest area is populated by a particularly large number of players and you have to share the opponents and objects with others.
YouTuber Harldan discusses alternatives to areas in his latest video, in which he also introduces the route mentioned above:
Also on Reddit, there are many helpful tips on alternative routes and different experiences, the players have made in test runs. We are also looking forward to your own experiences in the comments.
From level 50 to 60 in Shadowlands
Since the new addon Shadowlands, which appeared on November 24th, 2020, the maximum level jumped from 50 to 60 and brings some changes with it due to the new zones. For example, your goal is no longer just to reach level 60, but also to complete the WoW story at the same time to start choosing your pact.
You must also have reached a certain level before you can venture into a new area. Here you can see all the minimum levels for the areas:
- Maldraxxus: Level 53
- Ardenwald: Level 55
- Revendreth: Level 58
So if you have completed the campaign in the respective area, but have not yet reached the minimum level for the new area, you still have to accept side quests or simply beat up monsters to reach it. The YouTube team BellularGaming gives you a lot of tips in their current video on how you can avoid the problem:
Alternatively, you can of course do it like the “World First” player who reached level 60 within three hours and leave the pact campaign out. All you need is a few friends who will repeatedly complete the dungeon “The Necrotic Lane” with you.
The “World First” method is more suitable for players who have already leveled up their second character, with whom they no longer necessarily have to play the WoW Shadowlands story.