In this article, you will learn how to hire and manage the work of employees: what tasks employees can perform, whether it is related to payment, what parameters can be set for employees, how to entrust an employee with a transport task.
Outsourcing of work with employees
Employees are the backbone of a well-functioning enterprise. You can outsource almost any job to your employees. They will receive wages for working hours and – depending on the settings – may charge fees for fuel, seeds, or fertilizers. In the settings, you can change the parameters to indicate whether employees should use the resources of the car/machine or not – then, for example, not a single gram of seeds will be lost from the container with seeds, but you will pay for them indirectly through the employee.
Make sure that employees do not buy certain items themselves, such as manure, if you have one. Then you pay for the free fertilizer you have and you won’t run out of fertilizer.
How to hire an employee?
To hire an employee, simply press the H ( B / O on the tablet) button during work or after setting up the machine in front of the field, ready to go. You stop it with the same button.
Sometimes workers are reluctant to do certain jobs that they find “illogical” – for example, a worker may not want to plow a field on which something is growing. In this case, it is best to deploy the equipment yourself and walk a few meters across the field and then activate the worker.
Sometimes they may not want to work with a road train: for example, with a mulcher attached to the front of the vehicle, but installed in the opposite direction to the direction of travel (it has two attachment points to the tractor).
In Farming Simulator 22 attaches great importance to transport. For this reason, a new option was introduced: ordering transport tasks – whether from the store, from the garage to the field, or with a truck to buy it. This will allow you to delegate even more tasks to your employees, so you can complete the tasks that you want to do at the moment.
How can I highlight a transport task?
To assign a transport task to an employee, select the second menu item with the steering wheel icon. Select a vehicle and button in the bottom pane of ” Create Job”, and then the menu item on the left relative to the location. Now mark the place on the map where you want the employee to go and determine the turn (which way the vehicle should be directed). If a machine is connected to the tractor, you will immediately have the opportunity, for example, to plow in the selected field. Finally, click the Start Task button on the bottom bar.
To minimize the risk of a worker getting stuck somewhere along the way, try to attach items to the machine that are easy to transport: large machines such as plows can be loaded onto a trailer, and do not attempt to transport headers in the machine. harvester without a trailer attached to the harvester. Employees usually take paved roads, so determining the destination is also important (they will avoid farmland so as not to destroy it).
In the game settings, the last setting items are for employees. By default, all parameters are active. You can set up automatic purchase of seeds, fuel, artificial fertilizers, and natural fertilizers – liquid manure and manure. Disabling these options is especially important early in the game when you have no money – employees charge market prices for materials, and sometimes a little more.
If you’ve played the previous part of the game, you know that employees often don’t do their job properly, and pointed out that not much has changed in FS22.
- An employee who is stuck or waiting for the car to empty continues to receive wages.
- Workers can often freeze if the ground around the field is uneven or with trees.
- Information about employee problems is displayed in the upper right corner as orange messages. They fade quickly, though, so be sure to check back on what your subordinates are doing from time to time.
- Sometimes employees can perform certain tasks under a contract, but more often you have to do some of them yourself.
Fields that employees don’t process are the norm, especially in tight spaces.
- In fields with little edge space, workers usually reduce their working area. Consequently, raw fragments can often be found around the edges. It is best to improve edge cultivation after a worker has driven the machine across the field.
- The employee using the harvester can stop if there is a trailer nearby (wanting to unload the tank, but does not have access to the trailer if it is covered or at the wrong angle).
- When working in a seeded field – fertilizing or harvesting – keep in mind that workers’ movements, especially when cornering, are quite chaotic and can often infiltrate the crop and destroy it. When doing this kind of work, but narrow tires on their cars.
- Some workers cannot handle the manual transmission at all when working under load / uneven ground. Follow their work.
You can monitor the status of employees in the employee dashboard (the second menu item, with the steering wheel icon). To see what the employee is doing, you can also switch to the machine they are using – this will not stop their work.