On this page of the Farming Simulator 22 guide, you will learn how high yields per hectare you will get from sunflower and corn crops, what you need to harvest them, and where and what you can process them in factories.
What do you need
Corn and sunflower belong to the group of root crops. Both can be harvested with the help of a special combine harvester header.
- Medium tractor – to ensure an optimal harvest, it is worth plowing the field instead of cultivating, which is part of the harder work in the field; however, you can use light subsoilers to make the work easier.
- Cultivator or plow – instead of a plow, you can use a subsoiler or a tiller; instead of a cultivator: disc or mechanical harrows.
- A combine with a header for harvesting corn and sunflower (with “spikes”),
- Medium trailer – ideally, its capacity should be close to or a multiple of the capacity of the combine harvester.
To maximize your profits:
- Fertilize the field 2x
- Roll it right after sowing,
- Do mulching before cultivating/plowing,
- Don’t let the weeds grow
- Don’t harvest your crops in the rain,
- Plowing increases your harvest by 15%.
You can store the collected goods in a silo.
Corn is one of the root crops. Requires a maize header to harvest.
- It is one of the ingredients of Cereal Flakes.
- It can be fed to pigs.
The maize yield is 18,000 liters per hectare.
Sunflower is one of the root crops.
- It is used in the production of rapeseed oil in the Oil Mill (200l of rapeseed -> 100l of rapeseed oil).
- You can feed pigs with it.
The sunflower yield is 10,000 liters per hectare.