Pokemon Scarlet and Violet have hundreds of Pokemon in the game that players can catch as they progress through the game. One of the Fighting-Type Pokemon that players can catch early in the game is Riolu. Its initial level is low so players can easily catch it early in the game and later evolve it into a more powerful Pokemon.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to catch Riolu and evolve Riolu into Lucario in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Riolu can be found in both versions of the Pokemon game and players can get it quite early in their game. Riolu is initially a low-level Pokemon so players who have completed the Prologue of the game and done some catching of other Pokemon will be able to easily catch Riolu. Riolu is a Fire-Type Pokemon and it lives on the Southeast side of Paldea which is the starting region of the game.
If you open the Pokedex app on your Rotom Phone, you can see all of its spawn locations on the map and one of the regular spawn locations of Riolu is Southwest of the Mesagoza town. You just need to head in the Southwest direction and go out of the South gate of Mesagoza. You can easily find Riolu between the South Province (Area Two) and South Province (Area Four).
Interact with Riolu to engage with him in a battle or if your level is high enough, you can just throw the Poke Ball at him to catch Riolu.
Evolving Riolu into Lucario
Pokemon has an Evolving ability which makes them stronger and increases their stats. Riolu Pokemon also has an evolving ability and you can evolve it into Lucario by increasing the Friendship Level with him. You can increase the level of Riolu by doing Battles with him and so on but you won’t be able to evolve it unless you increase the Friendship Level with him. To increase the Friendship Level, you can do the following things.
- Open the main menu and select Riolu and use the Let’s Go mode to travel alongside him. It’ll slightly increase the binding and you can also order Riolu to pick up the items and attack the low-level Pokemon.
- If you want to increase Friendship quickly, you need to order him to attack the low-level Pokemon because fighting the Low-level Pokemon will increase Friendship faster.
- You need to use the Picnic mode in the menu to make sandwiches for him as well as interact with him by walking up to him.
- You can also wash him by pressing the X button and after cleaning them, it’ll increase the bonding between you two.
- You will get different sorts of candies by playing through the game and you do want to offer him some candies because it’ll increase the Friendship Level as well.
- Use regular candies as well as the Exp cadies on Riolu to increase Friendship.
You can see the Friendship of Riolu by talking to the NPC standing near the fountain in Cascarrafa city. Talking to the NPC will tell you the bond between the selected Pokemon. You just need to travel with Riolu in the Let’s Go mode and do a Picnic with him to wash him. Also, offer him various candies to quickly increase the Friendship Level, and then Riolu will evolve into Lucario.