Nintendo reported the April-June fiscal quarter, updating sales data for the Switch console and its games, including Animal Crossing.
Total Switch shipments, including the Lite model, exceeded 61.4 million devices as of June 30, and software sales exceeded 406 million units. Specifically, 3 million Switch and 2.6 million Switch Lite were delivered during the quarter.
Apparently, Switch is already confidently bypassing the number of Xbox One devices, but there is no accurate data on sales of the second console since Microsoft previously refused to distribute these figures.
As for games, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, released at the end of March on Switch, by the end of June reached a circulation of 22.4 million copies, and Breath of the Wild finally broke the mark of 20 million — a small share falls on the Wii U version, which is not included in the table.
Nintendo also noted that demand for Ring Fit Adventure exceeded all its expectations, which is why the game was often not on store shelves and sales declined from March to May. However, now the company has increased production volumes, including the attached accessories.
As in previous reports, the expected games Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, and the sequel Breath of the Wild are listed even without a release window.
In terms of finances, the quarter was extremely successful for Nintendo — sales increased by 108% compared to the same period in 2019, operating profit by 427%, and net profit by as much as 549%.
The share of digital sales for the quarter was 55.6%, compared to 38.3% for the same period a year earlier.
Game sales on Switch
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — 26.7 million copies
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons — 22.4 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate — 19.9 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — 18.6 million
- Pokemon Sword & Shield — 18.2 million
- Super Mario Odyssey — $ 18 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! & Let’s Go, Eevee! – 12.2 million
- Super Mario Party — 10.9 million
- Splatoon 2 — 10 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe — 7.4 million
- Ring Fit Adventure — 4 million (at the end of July)
- Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition-1.3 million
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics — 1 million