Picking Locks is one of the game mechanics that Victim characters should know how to do properly. Getting out of the locked basement or room will require players to pick the lock without revealing their location to family characters. Apart from Connie, who has the ability to pick the lock without completing the mini-game, other characters would have to go through the whole process of picking the lock safely.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to pick locks in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
How to Pick Locks in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Before players get to pick the lock to unlock the door, they would have to find the Unlock Tool. The Unlock Tool is obtained from the Blue Toolboxes scattered around the map. Players will have to interact with the toolboxes and complete the search by pressing the button to get the Unlock Tool. However, they would have to be careful and not make much noise because it can reveal the pinpoint location of their character. Players can hold up to two Unlock Tools at a time. To gather more tools, they would have to loot the rest of the Blue Toolboxes.
Once players have the Unlock Tool in their inventory, they will be able to pick the lock by completing the mini-game of picking the lock. There are three different sections to unlocking the door and players will have to complete all three of them without breaking their Unlock Tool and revealing their location. The following steps will help players pick the lock in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
- Interact with the door to bring up the wheel with Unlock Tool inside it.
- Move the mouse until the Unlock Tool turns Green.
- Start pressing the E button to apply pressure to unlock the first lock of the door. Once the 1st section of the wheel is completed the first lock will open. Keep your eyes on the left side of the wheel to see the pressure bar. If you apply maximum pressure, the Unlock Tool will break and it will reveal your location to family characters.
- Move the mouse again to find the accurate spot for 2nd section. Reapply the pressure until the lock is open.
- Repeat the same process for the 3rd section to successfully unlock the door without giving away the location.
Players should gather Unlock Tools from the Blue Toolboxes frequently as it would allow players to move quickly on the map without getting stuck or getting killed by the family.