The new Secrets of Gloomrot update of V Rising has a number of new additions to the game and one of the new things that have been added is a new Spell School named “Storm”. Storm contains new magic abilities that you will unlock as you progress through the game and equip the new abilities along with your other Spell School abilities. Like the rest of the ability trees in the game, you will unlock travel skills, regular skills, and ultimate skills from the Storm Magic Spell Tree.
In this guide, we’ll tell you all the Storm Magic Abilities that you can unlock in V Rising.
Storm Magic Debuff – Static
Before we get to talk about all of the abilities, the new debuff mechanic was also introduced and implied in the new update of the V Rising. All of the Spell Trees in the game have their own debuff now and the Storm Magic Debuff is called Static. The Static will deal 10% magic damage with a shock to the enemies that have been electrified for 5 Seconds. So, if you are using the Storm Abilities and you are hitting your targets with lightning then you will most likely deal bonus damage to all of the enemies after 5 seconds.
Storm Magic – All Abilities
Like the rest of the Spell Trees in the game, you will get to unlock a number of abilities that are divided into three sections, Travel Ability, Regular Ability, and Ultimate Ability. The abilities that you will get to unlock as you progress in the game are the following.
- The Cyclone Ability is obtained by defeating Grethel the Glassblower V Blood. Using the Cyclone ability will conjure a cyclone that will pierce through the enemies dealing 90% magic damage and inflicting Static. Once the cyclone reaches the max distance, it will come back to you and start lingering around you for 10 seconds and dealing damage to any enemy near you.
- Polarity Shift
- The Polarity Shift Ability is obtained by defeating Domina the Blade Dancer V Blood. Using this ability will launch a projectile at the target’s location dealing 90% magic damage and inflicting Static. The projectile will make you and the target swap places on the impact. If the target is immune to Storm, you will only swap places with the target.
- The Discharge Ability is obtained by defeating Henry Blackbrew the Doctor V Blood. Using this ability will allow you to block Melee and Projectile attacks for 1.5 Seconds and you will turn immaterial by blocking the attack that will allow you to move to the cursor location. By moving to the cursor location, you will deal 50% magic damage to the enemy along with inflicting Static debuff and launching the enemy into the air for 3 Seconds.
- Ball Lightning
- The Ball Lightning Ability is obtained by defeating Ziva the Engineer V Blood. Using this ability will send a Lightning Ball that lingers in an area and shock the nearby enemies. It deals 150% magic damage per target for over 3 Seconds and stops dealing damage when it exceeds 450% magic damage. It will explode after the duration dealing 50% magic damage in the area.
- Lightning Curtain
- The Lightning Curtain is obtained by defeating Voltatia the Power Master V Blood. Using this ability will summon a curtain of lightning that will stop the projectiles for 3 Seconds. It will inflict Static and deal 25% magic damage to the enemies that pass through the lightning curtain. It will also apply a fading haste effect on allies increasing their movement speed by 40% for 3 Seconds.
- Veil of Storm
- The Veil of Storm is the Travel Ability of Storm Spell Tree and it is obtained by defeating Meredith the Bright Archer V Blood. Using this ability will allow you to dash towards the input direction eluding the nearby enemies for 2.2 Seconds. You will gain a 20% increased attack speed for 4 Seconds and your next Primary Attack will deal 25% Bonus Damage to enemies and inflict them with Static. If you dash through an enemy, it will also inflict Static on that enemy.
- Raging Tempest
- The Raging Tempest is the first Ultimate Ability of Storm Spell Tree and it is obtained by defeating Octavian the Militia Captain V Blood. Using this ability will allow you to dash forward and hit the enemies while bouncing on them and dealing a total of 525% magic damage for over 3 Seconds. It will strike all enemies in an area up to 4 Times and deal 40% magic damage and inflict Static. You can cancel the ability by simply pressing an attack button.
- Eye of the Storm
- The Eye of the Storm is the second Ultimate Ability of Storm Spell Tree and it is obtained by defeating Adam the Firstborn V Blood. Using this ability will knock back the enemies and conjure a thunderstorm around you. Lightning Bolts will strike down in the surrounding area dealing 100% magic damage and inflicting Static. The thunderstorm will last for 5 Seconds and the Lightning Bolts will strike down in the area 37 times in total.
These are all the abilities in the Storm Spell Tree that you can unlock. You can test the abilities to find the ones that suit best your build.