Play with our friends to Call of Duty: Vanguard adds to the fun of the title in large amounts, as usually happens every year with the franchise from Activision. This time the game offers various multiplayer modes for us to enjoy in the company of our colleagues, so if you still don’t know how to play with friends or how to add new friends, then we will explain it to you in this entry of our guide.
How to play with friends?
To play Call of Duty: Vanguard with your friends, you just have to follow a few simple steps that we indicate below:
- From any menu in the Vanguard multiplayer modes, access the “Social” tab (by default in Play by pressing the “Triangle” button or in Xbox by pressing “Y”).
- In this section go to the “Friends” tab.
- The list of your online and offline friends will appear here.
- Find your friends who want to invite you to join your game and enter the file of one of your friends.
- Press the option “Join game” or “Invite to group”.
Alternatively, you can also go to the “Social” tab and then in the “Group” section, press the quick access button “Invite players” . Remember that in the console versions you will need to have an active subscription to PS Plus or Xbox Live Gold to be able to play online.
Play split screen
As with previous CODs, Vanguard also has local split-screen game options. Of course, this function is only available in the console version of the game, and not in the PC version.
To start playing split-screen, you just have to follow these steps :
- Connect a second controller to the console (it can be a controller or even a keyboard and mouse).
- When connected, press the “X” or “A” button to activate split-screen mode.
That’s it, it’s that simple and you don’t require any additional steps. Once the second player is joined to the game, you can go to the multiplayer modes to enjoy local cooperative games.
What if your friends play from another platform?
Don’t worry, if your friends play COD: Vanguard from another platform than yours, you can still play together without any problem. This is so thanks to the fact that the game has active cross-play for all its platforms; PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. That is to say that Vanguard has multiplatform support .
How to add new friends?
Adding new friends to your Activision account is very easy and can be done directly from within Call of Duty: Vanguard. If you play on consoles you can see the list of friends from your Play or Xbox account, but you can also add more friends with your Activision account.
To do this, do the following:
- Once in the game go to the “Social” tab.
- In this menu go to the “Friends” tab.
- Now press the button where it says “Add Activision Friends”.
- You will have to enter your friends’ account ID and label in order to add them.
- Activision IDs include a hash mark followed by several numbers, such as “VisibleName # 1234567”.
After adding your friend you will have to wait for them to accept your friend request. Once it does, it will already be available on your friend’s list so you can invite it when you want to play with it.