God of War guide: Location of all Valkyries
God of War is full of secrets, challenges, and missions throughout the Nordic lands, and waiting for God of War: Ragnarok, it is not a bad time to complete the game as much as possible. One of those challenges is to defeat the Valkyries that are scattered all over the world, being combats only suitable for warriors. Therefore, in the following guide, we leave you the location of each of them and some important aspects to take into account. Do not miss it!
Valkyries location in God of War
In total, there are 8 Valkyries to defeat before facing the Queen of Valkyries, one of the strongest enemies in the game. Its location is as follows:
- Kara: found in Midgar, in the Witch’s Chamber. This Valkyrie summons secondary enemies, so AoE attacks are very useful.
- Geirdriful – Found in Midgar, in the Chamber of the Slopes. It is a Valkyrie that usually attacks from a distance, throwing feathers, plummeting, or throwing lightning bolts.
- Eir: found in Midgar, in the Mountain Chamber. She is a fighter at close range, so it is advisable to attack her from afar, throwing our ax if possible.
- Gunnr: found in Midgar, in the Corpse Chamber of Thamur. She is an easy Valkyrie to block since when her sword turns yellow she is going to attack. Once stunned, it is time to attack him with everything we have.
- Olrun – Found in Alfheim and vulnerable to fire, so using the Blades of Chaos is a great option against her.
- Rota: it is found in the Chamber of Helheim and it is a very powerful Valkyrie that does not give much respite. Knowing your patterns is important in order to dodge to the right.
- Gondul: we can face her when we complete the Muspelheim missions. It uses fire as its main weapon, so we will have to dodge its attacks so as not to burn ourselves. When we see that he has to recover, it is time to attack.
- Hildr – Found at the end of the Niflheim labyrinth. It is recommended to have the Armor of Ivaldi to have resistance to the fog in the labyrinth. She is a Valkyrie that deals long-range damage, so keep your distance.
Queen of the Valkyries
To get to it, we will have to have defeated the rest of the Valkyries. Then, we have to go to Midgar and place the helmets of the warriors in the High Council room. Defeating Sigrun is not going to be easy, since she uses the attacks of the rest of the Valkyries and has much more life than the rest. It is a long fight and you have to arm yourself with patience to apply everything you have learned with the rest.
Resident Evil 4 Remake – How to Defeat the Two Giants
As players progress ahead in Chapter 11, they will get to defeat the Two Giants near the Storeroom. The Two Giants that you need to defeat are a normal Giant and an Armored Giant. The normal giant is the same one as Chapter 4 where you defeated the first Giant. However, the Armored Giant is a bit tricky to defeat as it does not take any damage from bullets.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to defeat the Two Giants in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Defeat Normal Giant
When the fight starts, you need to focus on the normal giant. You need to shoot its head or feet with the Shotgun or Pistol until a Parasite comes out of its back. After that, you need to deal more damage to him either by throwing a grenade or shooting bullets until he falls down on his feet. Aggress towards him and do the melee attack to use the Knife on Parasite. It will deal great damage to him. Once you have done that, it will only take a few more shots until he falls down for good.
Defeat Armored Giant
While fighting the Normal Giant, keep your distance from the Armored Giant and once the Normal Giant is defeated, you need to use Grenades on the Armored Giant to deal damage. If you don’t have any grenades, worry not until Luis tells you to wait for him. Luis will go out and you will have to survive until Luis comes back. Luis will bring a pack of TNT and you need to lure the Giant to Luis.
Luis will attach the TNT Pack to the back of the giant and then you need to shoot the TNT Pack when the Armored Giant is in the middle of the arena. When you hit the TNT, it will down the Armored Giant and you need to use the console in the arena to open the metal hatch in the middle of the arena. If the Giant is in the middle, it will go down in the Lava and the fight will be over. If not then you need to lure him into the middle and then use the console to drown him in the Lava.
Resident Evil 4 Remake – How to Restore Power to Elevator in Underground Laboratory
During Chapter 10, Leon will get thrown down in Underground and players will have to make their way up to the Castle. However, reaching the Castle will take a lot of time because you will have to do certain tasks in order to get back up. One of the main tasks that players will have to do is to restore the power to the Elevator when they reach the Underground Laboratory.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to restore power to the elevator in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Restoring Power to the Elevator
When you reach the Underground Laboratory, you will see certain switches that will blow out the Liquid Nitrogen and when you get to the Elevator, you will find the note which tells you about restoring the power to the Elevator. You need to go through the door on the left and as you go ahead, you will see a vision of an enemy named “Verdugo” who is like an Alien. Follow the following steps to restore the Power to the Elevator in Underground Laboratory.
- Go through the Door on the left of the Elevator and go on the path until you reach a locked door.
- Go inside a small room on the right side of the locked door and you will see a switch. Interact with the Switch to unlock the door.
- Now, go ahead and be ready to evade the attack of Verdugo. Make your way to the back of the Laboratory and you will find the Circuit Breaker.
- Interact with the Circuit Breaker to restore the Power to the Elevator.
Stay Alive Until the Elevator Comes Down
After restoring the Power, you will be starting to get chased by Verdugo. You need to make your way back to the Laboratory and stay alive until the Elevator comes down. It can take 3 – 5 minutes for the elevator to come down and in the meantime, you can either defeat Verdugo or outrun him.
Keep running in the tunnels and stay close to the Liquid Nitrogen Switches. When you see that Verdugo is aggressing towards you, press the switch to blow out Liquid Nitrogen on Verdugo. It will stun Verdugo and you will be able to Melee Verdugo as well as shoot him. You need to keep doing that until a small cutscene of the Elevator starts in which it will come down to the Laboratory. When that happens, you need to go back to the Laboratory and go inside the Elevator to go further up.
Resident Evil 4 Remake – How to Get CQBR Rifle
There are a number of weapons for each type of weapon in the game and one of the most necessary weapons in the game is Rifle. You will unlock different types of Rifles in the game but one of the most useful rifles is CQBR Rifle which is an Assault Rifle that can take out enemies more swiftly. However, this weapon is a late-game weapon but it can also be found in Chapter 10 of the game.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to Get CQBR Rifle in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Getting CQBR Rifle
The CQBR Rifle can be found in the Library Area of the Castle during Chapter 10. In Chapter 9, you will get to go to the library while playing with Ashley to solve the Clock Puzzle and later the Mausoleum Lamp Puzzle. If you have paid attention in the library area when you get the “Bunch of Keys” Key Item, there will be a Square Lock Box on the wall and if you open the Square Lock Box, you will get the CQBR Rifle.
Now, in order to open the Square Lock Box, you will be required to have a key item named “Cubic Device” that can be found between the Armory and the Grand Hall area of the Castle. You will be able to obtain the Cubic Device in Chapter 9 as well as in Chapter 10 so if you have not obtained it in Chapter 9, it is advised to get it in Chapter 10.
Once you have the Cubic Device, go to the opened door on the right side of the Headless Statue and enter the room that leads to the library. Make your way to the library and you will get to kill a couple of Knights. Go to the end of the library and go up the staircase. As you go up, look at the wall in front and interact with the Square Lock Box. Set the Cubic Device in the required position and unlock the Square Lock Box to get the CQBR Rifle.
CQBR Rifle also consumes the ammo of a regular Rifle so, you will be able to craft it with 10x Gunpowder and 1x Resources (L). If you have missed the CQBR Rifle in Chapter 10, you will also be able to buy it from the Merchant in Chapter 11. He will also give you a discount of 30% but it would still cost you a lot of money.