Throughout the main story mode of Granblue Fantasy: Relink, players will get to encounter several bosses that are crucial to defeat for progressing in the game. One of the main bosses that players will encounter during story mode is a Greatshield Madbeat, a giant goblin. It is located at Zeghard Fortress which players will get to reach during Chapter 2: Tempest on the Horizon.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to defeat Greatshield Madbeat in Granblue Fantasy: Relink.
How to Defeat Greatshield Madbeat in Granblue Fantasy: Relink
Greatshield Madbeat is a giant goblin with a bunch of heavy attacks and weak against Wind-type attacks. Fortunately, the starting skill of the players will be a Wind-type attack named Reginleiv IV that players will be able to use frequently in the fight to deal a decent amount of damage. Along with the wind skills, connect the Link attacks on time to build up the Link level of the party and increase the Skybound Arts gauge quickly to initiate the Full Burst Skybound Arts attack to deal extensive damage to it.
However, the great shield of this boss allows him to neglect most of the damage so, it is best to get behind him while using any power strike or even a normal attack. Attacking him regularly will stun him which will allow you to use the Link Attack and the rest is just to repeat the process.
All Attacks of Greatshield Madbeat in Granblue Fantasy: Relink
Despite this technique, it is still essential for players to know the move set of Greatshield Madbeat to dodge any incoming attack the perfect way to stay alive during the fight.
- Shield Charge: At the start of the fight, the Greatshield Madbeat charges in the forward direction with the shield. Dodge or run out of the way to not get hit by a charged attack.
- Shield Slam: Greatshield Madbeat glows red and slams the shield onto the ground multiple times. Dodge away from the AOE to not get hit by the attack.
- Jumping Attack: Greatshield Madbeat will glow red and jump in the air to slam the shield on the ground. Dodge away from the AOE to not get hit by the attack.
- Sword Swing Attack: Greatshield Madbeat swings the colossal sword three times. Don’t try to block this attack as you will get hit with the following swing attacks.
These four are the attacks that Greatshield Madbeat does in the normal form. As you deal damage to him, he will change into Overdrive form in which he will do two more attacks which deal more damage.
- Ground Wave: Greatshield Madbeat swings his shield and then bash it into the ground which will make rocks appear from the ground. Stay away from the AOE and don’t get close to him until he slams the shield onto the ground after jumping which will send out a shockwave.
- Sword Slam: Greatshield Madbeat jumps into the air and slams his sword in the ground.
Dodge these attacks at the right time to stay alive in the fight and deal damage to him by using your character’s attacks. Make sure that you use every possible Link Attack as it will let you defeat him more quickly.