Here we teach you everything you need to know about the Mimic in Phasmophobia. We give you the best tricks, how to detect its evidence, identify this ghost and manage to survive.
A Mimic is one of the types of ghosts that we can hunt in Phasmophobia during the different contracts of the game. In this entry of our complete guide we are going to collect everything you need to know about it, we will give you the most important keys and tips to be able to locate it with the right tools, how to discover its tests, what are its strengths and weaknesses and much more.
Important: remember that the body appearance of ghosts is never linked or determines the type of ghost you face, so do not take it into account.
Tests to Identify a Mimic
The tests by which a Mimic-type ghost can be identified and discovered are as follows:
- Spirit Box: by receiving auditory responses by this tool when you ask the ghost questions.
- Fingerprints: getting to see handprints when using UV lights.
- Temperatures below zero: detecting with the thermometer rooms that are minus zero degrees (or if our character expels steam through his mouth when breathing).
- Orbs: detecting them through the use of video cameras and night vision.
The Mimic, at least until the moment we write these lines, is the only ghost that has up to 4 possible tests to identify it. Although only 3 tests are shown in the game diary (the Spirit Box, the tracks, and the sub-zero temperature), in reality, this ghost leaves a good trail of spectral orbs wherever it passes, so additionally this test also serves to know that we are before him.
Of course, it is not necessary to trust, because, given its characteristics and limitations, it is still quite difficult to identify it well into the game. Almost always, if not always, it will be necessary to identify its four tests to rule out that it is any other matching ghost.
Even with everything, if you are not able to identify it completely through the tests, you can deduce that you are before a Mimic if you suspect that it is imitating other ghosts and behaves erratically continuously, showing skills or attitudes that would have several of the other ghosts.
How to survive a Mimic?
The first thing we recommend is that you take into account our tips and methods to survive the attacks of ghosts. With that said, keep in mind the strengths and weaknesses of a Mimic:
- Strength: can mimic the behaviors of other types of ghosts to confuse you.
- Weakness: it leaves a trail of orbs where it passes.
The Mimic is the most unpredictable ghost of all because in theory he can use or display the powers of almost every other ghost in the game, and at any time. For example, you can start early hunts like the Demon, something quite dangerous if you are unprepared.
The general idea and the safest way to approach a Mimic is to play with all the factors that can modify the aggressiveness of other ghosts in mind, to avoid them as much as possible, and to ensure that tactics are used to deter attacks from those other ghosts:
- Do not talk much if you are near the ghost (as if it were a Yokai ).
- Turn off electronic devices that you no longer need (as if it were a Raiju ).
- Keep the lights on in the ghost’s room (like it’s a Nightmare ).
- Keep candles and a lighter handy in the ghost’s room (as if it were an Onryo ).
- Prevents a player from spending too much time alone in the ghost’s room (as if it were a Shadow ).
This will give you a bonus when it comes to preventing the Mimic from becoming aggressive by mimicking other ghost attacks, so you will have more time to find their evidence.