We explain in detail how to detect spectral orbs in Phasmophobia and how this type of evidence is left by some of the ghosts in their wake.
One of the tests that the ghosts of Phasmophobia leave in the scenes, and that help us to determine what type of paranormal presence we are in a game; are the orbs (also known as ghost orbs or spectral orbs). Recognizing this evidence, knowing how to identify it, and using the appropriate tools to find it, can be vital to getting out of a contract alive. Here we explain everything you need to know in this section of our complete guide to identify orbs in Phasmophobia.
What are orbs in Phasmophobia?
The spectral orbs in Phasmophobia are a kind of glowing particle that floats in the air and glides little by little. They have a yellowish/white appearance and are quite small, almost square. Among the main characteristics of the orbs, the following must be taken into account:
- Orbs are usually found: usually in what is the ghost’s favorite room.
- Usually when you see an orb: this usually indicates the position of the current ghost.
- They are difficult to see in bright rooms: it is best to stay in the dark to locate them properly.
Due to their shape, they are a fairly complex type of test to detect. Also, depending on each game, sometimes it is even possible to detect orbs from outside the building or haunted house.
Tools to find the orbs
The tools to help you find and identify orbs in a game are cameras. That is, you can only see orbs through the use of the following objects:
- Video camera: you can place it at a strategic point in the hope of capturing an orb.
- Head-Mounted Camera: You can move around the entire stage in search of orbs.
- Security cameras: can be observed from the main computer of the truck.
Remember that to be able to see the orbs well you must activate the night vision of the cameras. A good trick to detect them is to position cameras in multiple rooms and while a player stays in the truck to consult them in real-time, so they can quickly hunt orbs if they see any movement. Try placing two cameras in a room, to cover more angles, or pointing at the doors, to catch the ghost if it wanders from one side to the other.
Ghosts that leave orbs
The following 10 types of ghosts can drop orbs:
If during your game you detect an orb as evidence, you will know that the ghost is one of this list. You will have to discard and look for more evidence to close the fence on one of them.