Pokemon Scarlet and Violet have many resources and materials that players can get throughout the game. The resources and materials are used for different things and you can get different sorts of buffs on your Pokemon to get through the certain part of the game easily or evolve your certain Pokemon. One of the most useful items in the game is Punching Glove which can be held by one of the Pokemon to get certain buffs.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to get the Punching Glove and what’s its use in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Getting Punching Glove
The Punching Glove is a Held item in the game that can be gotten at any point of the game after you’ve reached the Mesagoza town. The Punching Glove is used to increase the power of the Pokemon who is holding the glove and it also prevents the Pokemon from direct contact with targets. It’s a very useful item in the game and it is most effective for the Fighting-Type Pokemon. If you have caught a Fighting-Type or Normal-Type Pokemon then you need to get this item to be more effective in the battles.
There are two ways to get the Punching Glove in the game one of the methods can get you the Glove pretty early in the game and the other method can get you the Glove later in the game. But the first method will cost you a decent amount of money so make sure to earn money to get enough for the Glove.
For the first method, follow the following steps to get the Punching Glove.
- Once you have reached Mesagoza after completing the Prologue of the game, you need t earn around 15,000 cash.
- After you have the money, you need to go to the Delibird Presents shop in Mesagoza. The Shop is on the west side of the town.
- Go inside the shop and select Battle Items to see all the items useful for the battle.
- You’ll see different sorts of items in the list and if you come down a little bit in the list, you’ll see the Punching Glove priced at 15,000 cash.
- Select it and buy it to add it to your inventory.
The other method can get you the Punching Glove free of cost but it would be in the middle of the game. You need to go to the Pokemon Center in the Zapapico and you’ll meet an NPC named Pokemon League Rep who will give you a gift if you defeat 7 Trainers in East Province (Area Three). You need to defeat a total of 7 Trainers in the East Province (Area Three). You’ll find the trainers in random spots in the area and to engage them, you just need to interact with them and defeat them in the battle. Once, you’ve defeated 7 in total, you need to go back to the Pokemon Center in the Zapapico and interact with the Pokemon League Rep. he’ll give you the Punching Glove as a gift.
Equip Punching Glove
To equip the Punching Glove, follow the following steps described down below.
- Press the X button to open the main menu and then select the Bag option.
- Use the Directional buttons to go to the Other Items tab and then select the Punching Glove.
- Select Use this item option and then select the Pokemon from the side to assign it to the Pokemon.
- Selecting the Pokemon will give the Punching Glove to that Pokemon and it will get the buff for as long as it holds it.