Progress is the core essence of Rainbow Six Extraction. Without experience points, no level ascension and thus no new studies about archaea. Here we show you how the level system works and how you can level up the milestones and operators quickly.
The level system in Rainbow Six Extraction
In principle, the gameplay is dominated by two-level systems: On the one hand, there is the milestone level, with which you unlock new locations, operators, activation tokens, skins, and other extras. On the other hand, you can level up each operator, which gives them new weapons and skills.
The good thing about it: if you successfully complete a mission, you not only collect XP for the milestones but also automatically level up the operator you sent into action. If you want to level up quickly, you only have to concentrate on the mission.
Once you have upgraded Operators to level 10, they will no longer lose XP progress if you fail a rescue mission – this should not happen under any circumstances.
Level up fast: This is the best way
You receive experience points for almost every action during a mission. You can increase XP gain by playing on a higher difficulty, but I don’t recommend it for fast leveling because the risk of XP loss is too high. How to level up fast:You receive experience points for almost every action during a mission. You can increase XP gain by playing on a higher difficulty, but I don’t recommend it for fast leveling because the risk of XP loss is too high. How to level up fast:
- You can earn the most XP by completing all three objectives of a mission and completing it as quickly and cleanly as possible. So don’t focus on many kills, but always focus on the goal and progress as quickly as possible. A successful evacuation is also very important. This gives you a bonus of +90% XP.
- Preferably play solo! If you play alone, you have more control over the mission and won’t be stopped by other players because you can fully focus on the mission objective. If you have a co-op partner ready that you know and who also wants to level up quickly, you can of course also form a group and start the mission.
- Always select the lowest level of difficulty. So you can get through the missions much faster and evacuate easier. In addition, you keep the risk of losing an operator small. If the subsequent missing person mission fails, not only does the operator lose 30% of the experience points he has already collected, but the milestone progress is also reduced by 30% – there is a risk of a level descent!
- We already gave you this hint in our tips : Use the recon drone or scout abilities of operators like Lion and mark enemies or nests before you eliminate them. This gives a little more experience points per kill.
- In each location (New York, San Francisco, Alaska, etc.) there are studies, three of which are always active. You can check out these additional challenges at any time (Example: F10 on PC). You must always complete all three challenges in a stage to unlock the next ones. For the completion of each level you get quite a lot of experience points and the studies are not particularly difficult either. The level of difficulty doesn’t matter here.
- Complete all VR Tutorial missions and studies. Not only do you get to know all the important game mechanics here, you can also level up quickly by benefiting from the XP gained from the challenges. You can see how far you are from the percentage in the tutorial selection screen. The assignments are not particularly difficult either.
- When playing alone it is sometimes advisable not to enter all three zones. Although the last mission gives you the most XP, it is always the most demanding in terms of difficulty. You should only tackle the final quest of a mission when your health is at least 100. Otherwise, the risk of a loss is just too high. The revive kit saves you from the first death in each mission and is a REACT gadget if you want to level up quickly.
Overall, playing Rainbow Six Extraction the way it’s designed will give you a huge advantage. Namely tactically and not like an action-heavy horde shooter. You’ll get more XP for quietly killing infected, and the more nests you destroy, the faster you’ll complete your mission. Because enemies spawning again and again only stop you and are a great danger.