Fishing is one of the crucial activities that will get you certain ingredients for cooking purposes that will replenish your HP or MP during the fight. As cooking allows you to prepare certain items, you cannot make the recipes without the fish. So, it is important to learn how to catch fish efficiently in the Sea of Stars and clear out the ponds of various kinds of fish in each area that you visit throughout the whole journey.
In this guide, we’ll be telling you how to fish in the Sea of Stars.
How to Fish in Sea of Stars
The fishing activity will be introduced to you by a welcoming merchant when you reach Sunglow Lake. It is the next area to the Forbidden Cavern in which you will get to defeat Bosslug. Once you have defeated Bosslug, make your way to Sunglow Lake and talk to the merchant to browse the shop. To start fishing, you can follow the following steps.
- Go to the end of the dock and press the A Button (Switch), Circle Button (PlayStation), and B Button (XBOX) to cast the line into the pond.
- In the air, steer with your D-pad or the left stick and press A (Switch) near the fish.
- When a fish bites, hold A (Switch) to start reeling.
- If the fish jumps, press A (Switch) to stun it.
- While reeling, make sure to keep the fish in the light blue zone to prevent the line from breaking.
- Reeling the line back without breaking it will allow you to catch the fish.
After catching the fish, you will get two options, either you can fillet the fish or release it. It does not make sense to release the fish so filleting it and storing it in your inventory is more beneficial as you will get to use it in a recipe later down the road.
It is an easy procedure to catch fish in Sea of Stars and you can spend hardly 5 – 10 minutes at the pond to catch all the fish in the pond. Catching different kinds of fishing will allow you to cook various recipes and gain certain effects in combat.