The video was presented during an Electronic Arts stream, three hours after the details of the game “leaked” to the network.
Before the event kicked off, there was a countdown, intermittently interrupted by digital clutter and snatches of talks and news coverage of a “massive crisis” and natural disasters around the world, including the “first-ever Category 6 hurricane.”
The trailer showed large-scale battles in megacities, ports, and near glaciers, as well as hurricanes. Four-legged combat robots with machine guns, missiles, and helicopters appeared in the frame. In one scene, a fighter pilot ejects from the cockpit, knocks down the enemy with a grenade launcher, and returns to the plane.
- There will be no plot campaign in the game – only multiplayer with some “narrative elements”.
- Online mode has been significantly expanded in comparison with previous parts and promises “the largest maps in the history of the series.”
- The multiplayer was divided into three “formats”: two of them are called “Full-scale war” and “Dangerous zone”, and the third will be discussed later.
- On PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X | S, up to 128 players can participate in a single match. On PS4 and Xbox One – up to 64.
- Play in “Full-scale war” will be allowed with bots.
There will be seven maps at the start, including South Korea, Singapore, Egypt, Qatar, and Antarctica.
- Each location will have dynamic weather, including active tornadoes and sandstorms, as well as destructibility, including deformation of the earth.
- Classes will be replaced by “specialists” – there will be ten of them at the start.
- They are going to support Battlefield 2042 for several years, and the developers already have a plan for the first year.
- They are going to monetize the shooter according to the system of “battle passes” for seasons, each of which will last about three months. Only “cosmetics” will be paid.
- Alpha testing will take place in early July (by invitation only), and an open beta for anyone who has pre-ordered will take place closer to release.
- A full gameplay presentation will take place on June 13th.
- The game will be released on October 22. The leaked date, October 15th, marks the start of Early Access for EA Play Pro subscribers.