Halo Infinite is a shooter, not an RPG. Still, there is some sort of progression system in place for your Master Chief in the campaign. Spartan cores play a central role in this.
Even better: Spartan cores can significantly upgrade your Master Chief.
Halo Infinite: Spartan Cores enable powerful upgrades
In the Halo Infinite campaign, you will find the first three Spartan cores after the fight against Tremonius in the outpost area of the same name.
- With the help of the Spartan cores, you improve the power and effectiveness of your tools.
- The first two categories that you can access are grappling hooks and shield core.
- The improvement is possible in four stages.
- The following always applies: You need a Spartan core for the first level, two cores for the second level, and three cores each for the third and fourth level.
- For example, to fully upgrade the grapple, nine cores are required.
Since the upgrades are a huge improvement, you should always remain vigilant to collect as many cores as possible. After all: Overall, there are more cores distributed in the game than you need points to fully upgrade all five categories. So it’s no break-in not finding individual kernels.
You can carry out the improvements in the menu under “Upgrades”.