Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal is the first major boss in Lords of the Fallen which players have to defeat to progress further. She mainly focuses on heavy attacks and summons her lookalikes to project the same attacks which can be overlooked easily but it can still be difficult to tackle her completely if you don’t play your cards right.
In this guide, we’ll be going over how to defeat Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal in Lords of the Fallen.
How to Defeat Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal
Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal is located at the cathedral before the Skyrest Bridge in the Abandoned Redscope area. As players progress through the Abandoned Redscope and make their way up to the cathedral, they will get to encounter Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal. The key to defeating Pieta is acknowledging her attacks and moving around her by simply dashing to deal damage to her from behind. It will require some patience so make sure you don’t rush things. Make sure to bring some of the Ammunition Pouches or Manastone Clusters for ranged attacks because you are going to need them.
Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal is a two-phase boss fight starting the second phase after the depletion of a quarter of her health. Her first phase is pretty basic as there are around 2-3 attacks in total which she does.
- Swing: The base attack of Pieta is that she swings her long sword which can be dodged by dashing or if you are confident enough, parried. She will swing the sword two times in total and you can tackle both of the swings by dashing or parrying to deal greater damage to her.
- Lightning Poke: She will charge her sword with lightning to poke in the forward direction which releases a barrage of lightning. Dash or roll out to the side to dodge the attack. It will allow you to land a couple of hits while she is still in the stance of a lightning poke attack.
Be patient and wait for her to attack to get an opportunity for yourself by either dodging or parrying the attack.
The second phase of Pieta will start once you have depleted a quarter of her health. 2nd phase doesn’t start immediately so, try to land a couple of more hits before she lunges her sword into the ground to transform herself. As she is lunging the sword, stay away and run to either side of the arena. She will fly to the other side of the arena while projecting swords into the middle area of the arena.
Pieta is more mobile in the 2nd phase and this is where your ranged attacks will shine. As she is keeping her distance and flying around, use the Ranged Weapons/Throwables or Spells to deal damage to her. Make her come close to you and dash her attacks to get behind her to deal heavy damage.
- Summon Attacks: She will summon her lookalikes who will do the sword attacks. Keep your distance from them. As the fight goes on, her summon will do the barrage of swords attack on two sides of the arena so keep an eye on from which lanes they flew and position yourself accordingly to dodge the attack.
- Ground Slam: While staying close to her, she will often do the ground slam with her sword so, quickly dash away or behind her to not get damaged by the AOE of slam.
- Sword Summon Attack: Apart from summoning her lookalikes, she will summon two swords and throw them at the ground which effects will move in a straight line for a moment. Roll to the side to stay away from the AOE of the moving swords.
- Lunge Attack: Pieta will do the lunging attack quite often in the second phase and it can be easily dodged by dashing. She will lunge at you and spin as she is trying to grab you. Simply dash to evade her.
Continue on the strategy to use her moves to your advantage to deal damage to her and eventually defeat her.
Defeating Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal will give you the following rewards.
- 1x Vestige Seed
- 8x Umbral Scouring
- 1x Remembrance of Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal
- 2x Umbral Scouring