In New World, there are 3 factions that fight for the dominance of the island. Each of them has its own faction shop where you can spend faction tokens. In this article, we will show you why it is worth collecting the tokens and, above all, where you can get them the fastest.
Which factions are in the game? At the moment (as of October 20, 2021) there are 3 factions that you can join. Each faction has its own representative color.
Why are brands so important? Each faction has a shop where you can exchange your faction tokens for strong equipment or materials. With level 60 you have full access to important things:
- Rune of Holding
- You can use these runes to make bags or storage boxes. In the course of the game you need more and more storage space , which is why these runes are also in demand later in the game.
- Every dungeon needs a key and to craft this you need the appropriate chisel from the faction dealer.
- Equipment + weapons
- Especially the level 60 equipment costs tons of faction tokens, but they are very strong. Until you completely stock up on legendary weapons and armor, you can wear them without hesitation.
How can I collect faction tokens? To collect tokens, you must complete faction missions. In every city, there is a representative of the 3 factions, where you can take on a variety of missions. However, there are two types:
- PvE missions – safe but slow
- Missions are scattered all over the area.
- Advantage: You are undisturbed and safe on the road. Even if you pass out, you do not lose progress.
- Disadvantage: fewer brands. Sometimes you lose a lot of time because you have to walk across the map to the mission location.
- PvP Missions – High-Risk High Reward
- Always the same missions. The 2 missions “Demonstration of Power” and “Infiltration” are almost identical for each faction, except for minimal differences. “Sabotage” is completely different – in one faction, for example, you have to chop wood, in the other, you have to hunt pigs. However, the effort is not particularly great.
- Advantage: Tons of brands in a short time + always the same missions so that you know the places by heart.
- Disadvantage: Potential danger of meeting players from other factions who prevent you from progressing. If you pass out (also from monsters), you also lose all progress and have to start over.
Collect tokens quickly with PvP in these areas
Tips & tricks before you start. The PvP missions give you a lot of tokens in a short time, but also bring dangers with them. So before you set out, we’ll give you some pointers along the way so that your chances of survival are increased.
- Find a group – the more, the better, because together you are stronger
- Use mobility weapons like a fire stick or hatchet, because sometimes running away is a good option
- Pack potions and food so that you can use them in an emergency.
- If you are not looking for a fight, lie down behind the bushes so that you will not be seen and you can wait until the danger is over.
These are the places where you can get the most faction tokens per minute: I ran around all areas for a full day, spamming faction missions and measuring the time.
- Brackish water – 610 faction marks per minute
- Duration ~ 9 min = 5510 faction tokens
- Advantage: The best area in terms of price-performance ratio.
- Disadvantage: The monsters/animals that you have to kill there are level 62+ and can especially heat up players below level 60.
- Uniformity – 486 faction marks per minute
- Duration ~ 9 min = 4377 faction tokens
- Advantage: Although not as rewarding as brackish water, the paths are more manageable, so that you don’t have to stay active and focused to get to the mission area. Bit more pleasant
- Disadvantage: Here, too, the monsters can grab very nasty things. For players below level 58 – do not overtax yourself.
- Deep Gorge (East Brand Outpost) – 406 faction tokens per minute
- Duration ~ 4.5 min = 2103 faction tokens
- Advantage: Extremely short way to the mission area. Quickly done the missions
- Disadvantage: Gives fewer faction tokens compared to other areas. In addition, the faction missions have a 5-minute cooldown, and that slows you down a bit.
- Choppy coast – 391 faction tokens per minute
- Duration ~ 10 minutes = 3911 brands
- Pro: One of the most pleasant places to collect tokens. 95% of the time you just walk around and there are almost no obstacles here. I often do something else on the side while spamming PvP missions here.
- Disadvantage: Unfortunately, the time-performance ratio is not quite as good as the previous options
- Bruchberg – 502 faction tokens per minute (broken)
- At the moment (as of October 22, 2021) unfortunately bugged – as soon as this is fixed we will update this article
Collect even more faction tokens with area reputation. In the area where you often collect tokens, you can choose the area buff for more faction tokens. That gives again a lot of bonus on top of that.