Fishing is a complex task in New World: we explain how to get all the rods, the baits to use, and where to find the best fishing spots in Aeternum.
Amazon Games’ “new world”, New World, offers a lot of things to do besides fighting. As in a good role-playing game worth its salt, we can dedicate our time to secondary missions, which will provide us with materials to use in the game, or simply a respite from the main tasks.
Fishing in New World is a very deep system, in which we can also progress and will give us access to better rods, baits, and fishing areas. Here we tell you everything you need to know about fishing in New World.
New World Fishing Guide
How to get a fishing rod in New World
There are two ways to get a fishing rod in New World: buying it or making it yourself. In the second case, you will need the engineering skill and the following materials:
- Fiber (found in hemp plants)
- Green wood (in bushes)
When you get them, head to a campfire to create your first wooden fishing pole. But you don’t want to be left alone there, right?
How to do fishing
Before seeing the rest of the rods, we are going to explain how the process of fishing in New World is. You can fish in any body of fresh water (rivers, lakes and lagoons) and in the ocean (where you will get different fish naturally).
- Press F3 on the keyboard to activate fishing mode. You will see a key guide to help you through the process. Press R to equip bait if you want.
- Hold down the left mouse click to prepare the rod, release it to cast the hook. Try to cast it when the distance indicator is at the maximum , as it is important to maximize the distance at which we cast the hook, so that later it is easier to “fight” the fish. Different types of rods will give you greater distances.
- After waiting for them to bite (they take less time if there is bait), it will begin to vibrate if there is a fish biting, but do not left click until you see a fish icon on the screen.
- Hold down the mouse. You will see a circle with a white line that will gradually fill in . You must release the button when the icon in the center is about to fill in red. When it “deflates” and is green, press the button again. You must do it without turning red at all and without turning green at all, press and release, press and release, until the white bar fills up.
Fishing rod levels
As you progress in the game, increase your engineering level and obtain better materials, you can create other types of rods up to level 5 (tier). The main difference is the maximum distance you can throw, which depends on the fish you can get:
Level 1: Wooden Fishing Rod – 12 meters away
- 1x Fiber
- 1x Green wood
Level 2: Treated wood cane – 14 meters away
- 12x Doorbell
- 3x Linen
- 3x Coarse Leather
Level 3: Aged wooden cane – 16 meters away
- 3xCoarse leather
- 2x Linen
- 13x Wood 13
Level 4: Wyrd Wooden Fishing Rod – 18 meters away
- 3x Coarse Leather
- 2x Linen
- 14x Wyrd Wood
Level 5: Iron Wooden Fishing Rod – 20 meters away
- 3x Coarse Leather
- 2x Linen
- 15x Ironwood planks
In addition, there are four other level 5 fishing rods, which you will get as a reward for defeating certain monsters in the game. All these four rods have a distance of 20 meters and an increase of 125% to obtain rare fish .
- Ancient Fishing Pole: Defeat Smoothbore Samuel in Reekwater
- Angry Land Fishing Pole : Defeat Parthenocissus on Restless Shore
- Corrupted Fishing Rod : Defeat Foreman Robertson in Great Cleave
- Lost Fishing Rod : Also from Smoothbore Samuel of Reekwater
Finally, these three legendary fishing rods will be obtained by completing the list of fishing missions, reaching the fishing level 100, and completing the mission “To be a great master.
- Legendary Azoth Fishing Rod
- Legendary Strength Fishing Rod
- Legendary Tech Fishing Rod
Although it is possible to fish without bait, they are useful to catch the rarest fish, and get them to bite faster. Using cooking skills, you can create them yourself, you can also get it from enemies.
We tell you which are the baits for the two types of waters, and how to find their materials.
- Oyster bait: Great increase in chance of getting big fish.
- Clam Bait : Medium magnification for catching large fish.
- Meat Bait : Small increase to get big fish. When cooking.
- Firefly Bait : Hugely increased chance of getting rare fish. In bulrush or heather plants.
- Mealybug bait : Medium increase to get rare fish. In bushes.
- Bread Bait : Small increase to get rare fish. In kitchen containers.
- Electric Eel Bait : Big increase to get big fish.
- Snail bait : Medium increase to get big fish.
- Fish Bait : Small increase to get big fish. When cooking.
- Light Worm Bait : Huge increase to get rare fish.
- Worm Bait : Medium increase to get rare fish.
- Cheese Bait : Small increase to get rare fish. When cooking.
Although you can fish in any area of water, there are some places where you will clearly see some fish moving on the surface, they are ideal places to fish.
On this interactive map, you can see the location of all Aeternum fishing spots with their rarity levels, from one to three stars. But what does that mean?
Fishing spots at different levels indicate the chances of encountering rare, rare, or legendary fish. But keep in mind that you won’t be able to see Level 2 and Level 3 fishing spots until you increase your Fishing Level.
Here we see all the fishing areas and their chances of finding rare or legendary fish, according to newworldfishingguide .
1-star fishing areas
- Common fish: 45%
- Uncommon fish: 40%
- Rare fish: 10%
- Legendary fish: 5% or less
- Number of fish: 30
- Fish respawn time: 15 minutes
2-star fishing areas
- Common fish: nothing
- Uncommon fish: 65%
- Rare fish: 30%
- Legendary fish: 5% or less
- Number of fish: 20
- Fish respawn time: 35 minutes
3-star fishing areas
- Common fish: nothing
- Uncommon fish: 20%
- Rare fish: 70%
- Legendary Fish: 10% or less
- Number of fish: 10
- Fish respawn time: 45 minutes
You will need to have fishing level 200 to be able to see the 3-star fishing spots, and even so, many do not appear on the map until you physically find them (you can look for them with the interactive map, of course).
Stray Review: Explore a cybercity and knock things off
The new third-person Cat adventure game Stray is coming out on the 19th of July and this game has a really beautiful and breathtaking theme to the world shown in the game. This game was in development for 7 years and it is finally coming out to give the players a real feel of a Stray Cat in the modern world. The developer of this game is BlueTwelve Studio and it is published by Annapurna Interactive. The developers of this game have put a lot of time in this game to make the cat character look and feel real. The players will feel that they are actually playing as a cat because of the mechanics as well as the behavior of the cat in the game.
This adventure game has a cybercity filled with the robot citizen that you’ll explore in the game. The cybercity theme is on point and they have shown that the robots have made their own living in the city. You’ll walk in the streets of this city, climb on the roofs and buildings of this city and the detailing of the city is very impressive. You can interact with all of the robots in the city and can even help the robots while progressing through the story of the game.
The jumping and climbing in the game are also very impressive. You’ll experience a real-life of a stray cat who is trying to get back to his family. You’ll be climbing barrels, trash cans, air conditioners, etc. to look for the right way. You’ll also see that there are many places that you can go, you can jump up on something or hide in a box while looking for the right path. The game has also made some neon signs in the streets of cybercity that will guide you a bit in the right direction. If you have missed the neon sign and are stuck in a place, you can also use the “Meow” of your cat. The Meow will also help you find the right path as it triggers the neon sign to glow again or something that will get your attention.
The behavior that they added of the cat is very realistic. If you see water dripping on the floor, you can drink the water from there. You can Meow to find the right path. If you see a couch or carpet, you can scratch it. You can also scratch the doors in the cybercity and by scratching some doors, the robots will open the door to check what was out there and you’ll get access to their homes. There are also some places where you can take a nap. All of the behaviors of the cat will give you a lot of joy while playing as a cat in the game.
The graphics quality of the game also stands out and the lighting quality in the cybercity is pretty amazing. You’ll experience really good quality lightning while in the city and by going into different homes, shops, roofs, and buildings, you’ll see a cybercity from the eyes of a Stray Cat.
The total length of the gameplay is about 7-8 hours if you only play through the story. But if you explore the whole city and interact will all the robots and help them, it can be extended to 10 hours.
Pros & Cons
We have considered some good and bad points of Stray from the gameplay.
- The gameplay and the behavior of the cat enhance the experience of the game.
- The radio songs playing at various points in the game sets the mood with the environment.
- The puzzles are well designed and they are suitably challenging.
- Some of the puzzles are longer and they start to feel like they are dragging by the end.
- Some minor performance issues during level loading, but these clear up after a few minutes in a new area.
Although, the game is a must-try and if you like adventure games then you should probably give it a go because this game will give you a whole new experience of adventure while playing as a cat. With all the elements that the game has to offer. A great game with a good story and ambiance of the world with the experience of playing as a Stray Cat. This game will be available on July 19th for Playstation 4, Playstation 5, and Microsoft Windows.
We’ll rate this game 9.5/10.
Far Cry 6: How to Fish
Far Cry 6 is designed around another huge open world for players to explore. And while the overall theme of the game is once again reclaiming territory from an evil dictator, there are plenty of optional activities you can engage in along the way. This includes Fishing, which is a minigame that almost seems to have become a must-have feature of all modern open-world games these days. In any case, here is how to fish in Far Cry 6 if you want to put down your assault rifle for a moment and spend an afternoon pulling a rope.
Fishing in Far Cry 6
Fishing in Far Cry 6 is unlocked at the beginning of the game as part of the tutoring missions on the first island. Once you have access to the fishing rod, you can go to any body of water, press and hold L1 / LB to open the weapon wheel, select your fishing rod, and then launch it. Then you need to slowly wind the line to attract the fish.
When taking a bite, use the onscreen prompts to move the right analog stick against the way the fish is pulling, while holding down L2 to roll the fish. Everything is quite intuitive.
Your fishing pole can be upgraded by interacting with the tackle box, which is located on the ground where you see the hook icon on your map.
Here you can change your float/lure and upgrade your fishing line and reel. You will need to use them to catch some of the toughest fish in the game, so be sure to use them if you are looking to catch all of them.
Far Cry 6: How To Easily Beat Jose Castillo Boss Fight
In Far Cry 6 you will meet a lot of colorful people while controlling the protagonist Dani Rojas, although not all of them are your friends. As one of Antón Castillo’s favorite henchmen, General José Castillo is one of those people that you probably better never know. Here’s everything you need to know about how to beat José Castillo in Far Cry 6.
At some point in Far Cry 6, the game opens and requires Dani to complete missions and objectives to liberate the occupied areas of Yara, the game’s fictional island. These areas are separated into different segments that are controlled by specific people.
To the west, Madrugada is governed by Antón Castillo’s nephew, General José Castillo. This antagonist is as bad as he gets, serving as a slaver who controls the poisonous Viviro tobacco that gives the president his power.
How to beat José Castillo in Far Cry 6
When you meet José Castillo in Far Cry 6, he will not be on an equal footing. Instead, the general will be in his helicopter for the duration of the fight. To deal with this, you’ll want Dani to use her Rocket Supreme, as it deals 40% damage to her.
To restore the rest of José Castillo’s health during their fight in Far Cry 6, use a rifle like the M16S and equip it with explosive cartridges. Spice up a lot of these and be sure to take cover behind the control tower to avoid the incoming rockets.
Get enough shots until his health bar runs out and you’ll have defeated El Presidente’s Western General in no time.
That’s everything you need to know about how to beat José Castillo in Far Cry 6. If you’re still looking for more information on the game, be sure to check out the entire guide wiki.